Celebrity Reflection Cruise Review by bobbikins135

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Celebrity Reflection Cruise Review by bobbikins135
Celebrity Reflection
Celebrity Reflection
Member Name: bobbikins135
Cruise Date: June 2013
Embarkation: Rome (Civitavecchia)
Destination: Eastern Mediterranean
Cabin Category: 1A
See More About: Celebrity Reflection Cruise Reviews | Eastern Mediterranean Cruise Reviews | Celebrity Cruise Deals

Reflecting on Reflection

I travelled with my husband and our two friends, to celebrate our 35th wedding anniversary.

Embarkation - was fast and smooth due to the fact I had pre-arranged with the Company to receive assistance as I have mobility issues. Staff were very helpful and made this a very pleasant experience.

Cabin - We arrived at our cabin to find it very fresh, clean and spacious. The bathroom was larger than I have experienced on other ships and was a very welcome sight. The limited space was well utilized with adequate cupboard space. However having booked balcony cabin 8345 it was not the one as advertised in the stateroom plan. There seems to me a major mix up and basically Celebrity have got it wrong!! So beware when booking 8345 you will get 8343 which means it has a restricted view and misshapen balcony which restricts light coming on to it!

Dining - We tended to dine mostly in the Main restaurant where no supplement was required as the food was excellent. Lots of choice and sterling quality. There were a lot of restaurants if you are prepared to pay the extra supplement but I didn't see the point!

Public Rooms - were spotless. In the ladies toilets there was always an attendant cleaning and restocking and (having the occasional chat on her mobile phone) but this didn't detract from her doing a thorough job.

Entertainment - was below power compared to other ships I have been on and could have been much better if the 'acts' had gone through strenuous vetting before coming on board!

Spa & Fitness - My husband used the fitness area which he rated very highly apart from having no drinking fountain in the sauna area. He felt the staff being motivated by bonuses were unhelpful unless you were paying into the various deals on offer.

Shore Excursions - we didn't go on any because we felt they were overpriced but opted to pre-book independent companies from the comfort of our home via the internet.

Service - was good, considering a 15% gratuity was added to every drink purchased, including the mini bar in the cabin. I felt this was a bit much as we frequently went to the bar to get drinks ourselves.

Value-for-Money - Considering the high quality of the food, the cleanliness of the ship and the quality of destinations, I think it was definitely value for money. However because we didn't get the cabin we requested we felt we were overcharged for the room we got.

Rates - We paid full price for this cruise and were very happy to do so because it was a special occasion but the cabin was overpriced and very disappointing simply because we didn't get what we booked.

This cruise was excellent, we stayed healthy (due mainly I believe to the vigilant efforts by the staff to sanitize the ship constantly), the food was of a high standard and the loungers on the sun decks were the most comfortable I have ever experienced. These three points made my cruise worthwhile. The issue with the cabin has yet to be resolved by Celebrity and depending on the outcome, I will decide whether to sail again with them.

Publication Date: 08/06/13