“Fun 3 Days - and Surprised”
Cruise review of Carnival Sensation

CruiseHealing Carnival Sensation 3 Fun 3 Days - and Surprised
CruiseHealing
Member Since 2005
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating

We are experienced cruisers. I am Platinum with Carnival. We booked this cruise because DD needed one more Cruise to make Platinum status with CCL. We sailed on this ship back in March 2006, after Dry Dock and it was a major disappointment. Driving to the port, I kept saying why am I sailing this ship again. It has nothing to do with the class of ship, we have sailed other Fantasy ships in that past 4 years, (Ecstasy, Inspiration and Paradise). We Love the Fantasy Class because we are back of the boat sun worshippers. But my past memory of the Sensation tainted my view of this cruise.

We arrived at 11 am. Since we are Platinum we had Priority status. The service was really really slow. Carnival and the Port need to work on this. We boarded around 11:45am. Since we have status we went to our room and dropped off the bags. Then straight to lunch. The food and desserts were very good.

The last time I was on this ship was one week after dry dock in 2006. At that time the ship was not ready for passengers. But this time, we were impressed on its condition given its age. Yes it is dated and 20 years old! But she looks pretty good. We walked arounded and enjoyed the ship. The Library was a disappointment. I am on a cruise ship, give me the cruise ship feeling in the Library. You know, ocean pictures, model ships, a few sea shells. Copy Paradise and you would be good.

Our room and room steward we very good. In fact, besides missing the Custom Declaration Form, she was perfect. We had YTD. The first day dinner service was really really slow. We ate at the buffet on Nassau and Elegant night, but the service was good on the last night of the cruise. Overall, I give the service a 3 out of 5.

On the day at sea, it was a lot of fun, but the WOK was really really really really slow. That is amazing because they do the omelets there in the morning and they are really really really efficient.

The comedians were OK. I am actually funnier than one of them, but we did enjoy their acts.

The Cruise Director, Wee Jimmy was very funny. He was around the ship throughout the cruise. I met him on the last day and we both cracked each other up. DD and I would have to vote him the best CD for Carnival.

We got off the ship the next day around 8 am. We were home by 10:30 am and I kept saying "I'll do another 3 day cruise again" Yes the ship is old, but the VALUE is worth it. Overall, if you are looking to get away for the weekend, then a 3 day Sensation cruise may work for you.

Carnival Sensation Cruises to the Bahamas
  • Shore Excursions
  • Value for Money

Cabin review:

4F
We have a LONG U inside cabin. You know what I mean.
Published 08/05/13
No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s Carnival Sensation Review
Carnival Sensation Cruises to the Bahamas
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?