Azamara Quest Cruise Review by kathy9

Cruise Date: July 2013
Embarkation: Dublin
Destination: British Isles & Western Europe
Cabin Category: V2
See More About: Azamara Quest Cruise Reviews | British Isles & Western Europe Cruise Reviews | Azamara Cruise Deals

LuxuryOnly.com

Ship Facts: Azamara Quest Review (by Cruise Critic!) | Azamara Quest Deck Plans
10 British Open Cruise

This is our second Azamara cruise, first on the Quest. Overall this cruise was excellent, can't really think of anything to complain about. We embarked in Dublin and the whole process was easy and quick. Our cabin was in tip top shape, of course the bathroom is still way too small but we both could manage.The location on deck 7 was great, very close to the stairs and laundry room. Our cabin steward, Valentina and her assistant did an excellent job.

The CC meet and mingle was embarkation day at 6 pm, we had a good turnout considering the time. Several ships officers were there and the event was mc'd by Russ.

The food in the main dining room was very good, I am a vegetarian and there was only one night I did not care for the entree. We had some fun tables and the wait staff was very professional and friendly. I love that there are no formal nights!

We ate at the buffet daily for lunch, was OK, I am not a fan of buffets so don't go by my opinion.

We had 1 dinner at each of the specialty restaurants. They have a new policy which we enjoyed, if both couples agreed to share the table then you would share (this was asked when you made the reservation). Both times we met some great folks. As a vegetarian I actually enjoyed my entree in Prime C more.

We ate breakfast some mornings at the buffet, great waffles, and some days at the Discoveries restaurant. The service and delivery of food in a timely manner was greatly improved compared to our last AZ cruise September 2012. We had mentioned that in a comment card they sent around on the 3rd day and that evening the head of the dining room came to speak to us about our prior experience on the Journey.

The Azamazing evening at the Titanic Museum in Belfast was not really amazing.

The museum itself has a fabulous building but very little of substance inside, I understand this is due to the fact that the building cost so much they are unable to buy any artifacts. I am sure they will be able to in the future.

The food was suppose to be the last meal served on the Titanic before her tragic end, but I doubt they had pasta with pesto. The unfortunate part of the evening was the performance of the Irish step dancers. We were seated in the middle of the room, since there was no stage, all we could see was the bobbing of their heads. There were 2 large screen tv's but they were so dark you couldn't see anything. The best part of the evening was the bus ride back and the joke's told by the local guide.

The Captain was very professional and we felt very comfortable with his considerable experience at sea. The Hotel Director Philip and Russ the cruise director seemed to be everywhere.

We only attended one show, a recap of Broadway songs, which was excellent.

I did not care for the enrichment speaker, also a lot of his talks were at odd times. As non-drinkers, I have no opinion of the new alcohol policy.

The weather for the entire cruise was outstanding. It did not rain and was hot! (by scottish standards)

Disembarkation was a breeze, the only complaint is that on the last morning no room service coffee.

We will definitely sail on AZ again, we will be on The Journey in March 2014.

Ous second port was Greenock, Scotland (Glasgow) We took a ship's tour to The Kelvingrove Art Museum. This tour was really too short another 2 hours would have been great. The local guide was very funny, told us all the story of Kilts!

The third stop was Invergordon, Scotland. We took a Ship's tour to a amazing castle/gardens right on the sea. Again the countryside as fabulous.

Publication Date: 08/05/13
Read the British Isles & Western Europe ports review by kathy9
More Azamara Quest Cruise Reviews

Read the previous Azamara Quest review Read the next Azamara Quest review

More British Isles & Western Europe Reviews
Iceland+ Cruise
Celebrity have definitely upped...
Best Holiday Ever