MSC Divina Cruise Review by Mazimbwe: I will never cruise with MSC again

Member Since 2013

Cabin Not Rated
Family & Children 1.0

Compare Prices on MSC Divina Europe - Eastern Mediterranean Cruises

I will never cruise with MSC again

Sail Date: July 2013
Destination: Europe - Eastern Mediterranean
Embarkation: Venice

The ship is treated as a glorified day-care facility by the Italian holiday makers who are rude, pushy, don't adhere to the rules and are generally obnoxious.

This is compounded by the ships staff who do not want to, or are not allowed to, pull people up on their bad behavior.

Unaccompanied children(5yrs - 14yrs) running in the corridors, running up and down stairs, splashing in the pools and doing other stuff that kids do...they're kids who are trapped on a boat without enough activity to interest them. Unaccompanied teenagers 14yrs - 17yrs hanging out in the Nightclubs and bars till closing time(3am) with their parents drink card...but not their parents. When I asked if there was any bar on board that had a "No Children" policy I was laughed at by the reception staff(the worst service I have ever received was from the Reception Staff on this cruise).

This is a MASSIVE ship with not enough activities organized for the number of passengers on the ship, not More enough poolside spots and no-one checking that people adhere to the rules...therefore disadvantaging the rest of the passengers.

Excursions were generally poorly organized with not enough shade, no water provisions and not enough transport forcing passengers to stand in the sun for the better part of an hour waiting for a bus...all the while getting pushed and shoved by other passengers. How fights didn't break out, I don't know?!

We booked a family suit with balcony but could not use our balcony for much of the cruise because other passengers were smoking on their balcony...despite the safety regulations and the ships rules about no-smoking in cabins and on balconies. When we rang and complained(repeatedly) very little was done for 3 days...then we asked for the manager, who sent the cabin boy rather than actually doing anything about it themselves.

Bathers in the Buffet...saggy old boobs in the salad and armpits over the food but no staff to correct the bad behavior.

Our waiters and cabin staff were outstanding and the cabins were excellent. We made the most of our drinks package to ensure we got the most value for our money from this disastrous cruise.

We refused to pay the service charge of 7-Euro per-person per day because of the terrible service we received from security and reception staff...we chose to tip the staff that were good to us, personally.

I hope others can benefit from our poor experience with MSC Divina and this is the reason for my extensive review. Less

Read more MSC Divina cruise reviews >>