Celebrity Solstice Cruise Review by swanygirl

Cruise Date: June 2013
Embarkation: Seattle
Destination: Alaska
Cabin Category: 2C
See More About: Celebrity Solstice Cruise Reviews | Alaska Cruise Reviews | Celebrity Cruise Deals
        13-15 2.0

Celebrity Solstice to Alaska

I have sailed a number of times on Celebrity. I have always had good service, clean rooms and delicious food. This time, our entire group felt that Celebrity completely missed its mark of supposed excellence. The buffet carpets were often dirty, with food everywhere. When I complained about this, the manager of the buffet simply said that people don't like it when we clean while they are eating, so it has to stay like this. That's baloney! It was awful. The food was mediocre.

The cabin I was in was also unclean. The carpet had a huge stain, which they only tried to clean, once I complained. They did manage to clean it, but why didn't they do this before we got there? The cabin was extremely dusty, there was fingerprints all over the mirrors and the windows. The bathroom had dirty towels on the floor that had been used and it was not clean. I had to complain to get this taken care of more than once.

We had a special celebration planned and pre paid for. However, all of the items we paid for and had our receipts for were not in their computer system. I had to repeatedly go back to Guest Relations to get these things straightened out. What a terrible way to spend a vacation on a very expensive ship. There were other problems as well with other members of our groups cabins and service. All in all, it was a huge disappointment. We have decided to try other cruise lines as a result of this poor service, cleanliness and other issues on the Celebrity Solstice. By the way, everyone in our group - there were several, all complained that the ship looked run down and the rooms looked like Motel 6.

Publication Date: 08/03/13
Read the Alaska ports review by swanygirl
More Celebrity Solstice Cruise Reviews