Celebrity Solstice Cruise Review by swanygirl: Celebrity Solstice to Alaska

Celebrity Solstice to Alaska

Sail Date: June 2013
Destination: Alaska
Embarkation: Seattle

I have sailed a number of times on Celebrity. I have always had good service, clean rooms and delicious food. This time, our entire group felt that Celebrity completely missed its mark of supposed excellence. The buffet carpets were often dirty, with food everywhere. When I complained about this, the manager of the buffet simply said that people don't like it when we clean while they are eating, so it has to stay like this. That's baloney! It was awful. The food was mediocre.

The cabin I was in was also unclean. The carpet had a huge stain, which they only tried to clean, once I complained. They did manage to clean it, but why didn't they do this before we got there? The cabin was extremely dusty, there was fingerprints all over the mirrors and the windows. The bathroom had dirty towels on the floor that had been used and it was not clean. I had to complain to get this taken care of more than once.

We had a special celebration planned and pre paid for. However, all More of the items we paid for and had our receipts for were not in their computer system. I had to repeatedly go back to Guest Relations to get these things straightened out. What a terrible way to spend a vacation on a very expensive ship. There were other problems as well with other members of our groups cabins and service. All in all, it was a huge disappointment. We have decided to try other cruise lines as a result of this poor service, cleanliness and other issues on the Celebrity Solstice. By the way, everyone in our group - there were several, all complained that the ship looked run down and the rooms looked like Motel 6. Less

Read more Celebrity Solstice cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Celebrity Solstice Review >>

Cabin review: Celebrity Solstice Deluxe Oceanveiw Stateroom Continental Deck (6)

Whale Watching

(5.5)

This was really excellent. The tour boat folks were top notch and we saw a great many whales.

(5.5)

Beautiful mountain village. Worth the stop.

Read 643 Skagway Reviews