Carnival Breeze Cruise Review by megemily

Member Name: megemily
Cruise Date: July 2013
Cabin Category: Int
Value-for-Money 5+

Carnival Breeze-Love the new ship design and decor

We have cruised 8 times with our family (kids 12 & 15) on Carnival, Princess, and Royal Caribbean. We loved the new ship layout and especially the decor much better than some of the older ships. We loved having an 8 day cruise.

We live in SWFL so drove over the nt before & stayed at the Hampton Inn by the Airport-excellent hotel and left our car in their garage and took a taxi to the port ($30 one way).

Embark: We arrived at port @ noon and got right on and were having lunch by 12:45. Room was ready by 1p.

Cabin: We had an interior room on Lido Deck. We have had balconies in the past but never in room so we feel we do not need to spend the extra $ on the cabin. Even in Alaska never stayed on our balcony. At first concerned Lido Deck would be noisy but loved the location of our room. It was so convenient and nobody ever came down the hallaway unless cabin was there. You can also go to the front of the ship at the end of the hallway. Big plus, laundry room on that deck with 1 ironing board.

Food: We enjoyed Guys Burgers. Mongolian Wok was good, but only wanted to have it once, Italian Restaurant for lunch (free) was good but only have pasta bar. My husband tried the burritos for lunch and were good. I love the new thin crust pizza. I wish they had more options after 11pm for late nt snacks. They had pizza or hot dogs, but should not be eating that late anyways. 24 hour ice cream is great with my kids. Room service was good and fast. I ordered it on the tv everytime. We had an amazing table in the top level of the Blush MDR at the picture window. Everytime we left port we could watch us pulling away. Our server Mario & Emma were friendly and helpful. Food menu still same as 1st few times sailing but good and plenty of it. Only complaint is I do not like the texture of the scrambled eggs in MDR or Lido. I was not impressed with menu at Brunch. Fat Jimmy's BBQ was good but once was enough. Line is not too bad @ 1230-1pm

Ship layout was great and easy to figure out. It may have been a full boat but never noticed too much crowding.

Pools-yes they are small but not there to swim laps. The hot tubs on deck 5 were nice. Tides pool was usually not too busy at nt. Enjoy the adult serenity deck and never heard too much noise. Water Works was great for adults and kids. My kids and husband loved the Sports Zone.

Spa-daughter went for pedicure for teenagers and loved it.

Entertainment-Saw 2 comedians..one funny and one boring. My kids enjoyed the family comedian show. Comedian shows arrive early (45min) if you want a seat. Kids enjoyed the Thrill Movie Theater-5D movies for 20 minutes usually 7-10pm. Unlimited pass for $14.95 pp was a good value. Enjoyed the Motown Show, but not impressed with the rest of them. They wer ok. Casino was nice, but only went once. We enjoyed the concerts on the big screen during port days and the movies at night with free popcorn. they even have blankets to use.

I thought they had a great variety of comfortable seating throughtout the ship and Deck 5 going all the way around was really nice.

Staff was always friendly and saying hello. Our cabin steward, Sergio was the best and called my girls Princess everytime he saw them.

Would definatley go back on Carnival Breeze again.

Publication Date: 08/03/13