Carnival Freedom Cruise Review by galian84

Carnival Freedom
Carnival Freedom
Member Name: galian84
Cruise Date: July 2013
See More About: Carnival Freedom Cruise Reviews | Eastern Caribbean Cruise Reviews | Carnival Cruise Deals
Value-for-Money 5+

Did not disappoint!

My boyfriend and I took our third cruise together on the Freedom from July 21-27, 2013. We had a fantastic experience! We'd sailed on Carnival before so we knew generally what to expect.

We stayed overnight the night before at Alhambra Beach Resort (great place, by the way), and arrived at 11 AM at Port Everglades on embarkation day. We were on board by noon. Luggage arrived around 4 PM. Ship was a few hours late leaving due to routine maintainence, but since it didn't affect the itinerary, we didn't care. Next time, though, we know to dress in our bathing suits on embarkation day :p

The ship was kept extremely clean. I know, because I get allergies and dust / mold / mildew makes it act up. I had no issues whatsoever with allergies this trip.

Our room steward was absolutely wonderful. He made sure we always had ice in the room. Whenever we needed something (ie corkscrew, scissors, etc), he would bring it over to our room in no more than 5 seconds. Put our beds together without us having to ask. Great attitude, knew us by name on the first day...if we ever take the Freedom again, I hope we get the same steward =)

Our MDR waiters were great, as well. In fact, we asked for the same waiter on the last three days of our cruise, because he made our dining experience so enjoyable. Enjoyed dancing with the dining room staff, too!

Entertainment and food was about what you'd expect on a cruise line...with that said, they were both very good. We did miss one of the shows because we opted to go dancing instead. Also, loved the Latin band. My boyfriend is Hispanic so we did plenty of Latin dancing on the cruise...so much, that the Latin band would wave hello and come talk to us whenever they saw us there.

Ports of call were terrific, and we had perfect weather all week. Reviews of the ports to follow.

Writing this review makes me miss our cruise and the people on it...looking forward to booking our next one already, once I get enough vacation time saved up!

Publication Date: 08/02/13