Celebrity Millennium Cruise Review by Sheyshey: Disappointed too

Disappointed too

Sail Date: July 2013
Destination: Alaska
Embarkation: Vancouver

This was my second cruise. Thank goodness, because if it had been my first I don't think I would have gone on a second. My first cruise with RC was terrific! I thought since RC and Celebrity were owned by the same company it would be equal in service. Boy was I wrong. I will not sail with Celebrity again. The stateroom service was very good. Other than that, the dining service was ok and the food was good (not as good as RC) but the other staff on the cruise ship other than about three staff members was below standard. The attitude of most staff members seemed to be that you were putting them out. I observed the table behind us in the dining room where a woman had stood up and the server said in an exasperated voice "excuse me" - his tone was rude. Also the buffet was not very good. We went to eat lunch at about 3:00 p.m. one afternoon and about all you could get was pasta and pizza and very little fruit.

We had read that they had updated the ship. I'm not really sure where More the updates were. The sofa in our room was definitely old. The bedding was stained. The room was clean though and our stateroom attendant did change out our molded shower curtain on the second day there without us asking or telling her it had mold.

Communication between staff was also bad. We were waiting to be tendered to the dock and a staff member who had a walkie talkie and was communicating with the tender staff told us to go to deck 1 and we could get on the last small boat to go to shore before the cruise ship docked. We immediately went downstairs with a group and the tender staff stated "the tender just left." We asked him- didn't you just tell someone we could come down? and he said "the tender just left" - again we asked him hadn't he just asked us to come down?, and he finally said yes he did, but the tender just left. Again, the attitude was of one not caring.

Also, as "Disappointed" stated in his post, they did nickel and dime you to death.

I will say that the excursions were wonderful, and I think I will cruise again, but not on Celebrity. Less

Published 08/02/13

Read more Celebrity Millennium cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Celebrity Millennium Review >>

Compare Prices on Celebrity Millennium Alaska Cruises

Cabin review: 1A

We had a cabin with a verandah which we were happy to have as the room was small, so this made it feel larger. Shower was decent size. I really don't know what they updated though, as it seemed aged.

Float Plane

Spectacular views of glaciers and Juneau.

We rented scooters and rode - it was wonderful!

Read 1262 Ketchikan Reviews

Jeep Tour

Great excursion. The driving to the off-road area was a bit far but we had fun.

Compare Prices on Celebrity Millennium Alaska Cruises

Member Since 2013
Family & Children
Value for Money
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?
Skip X