Celebrity Millennium Cruise Review by Sheyshey

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Celebrity Millennium Cruise Review by Sheyshey
Celebrity Millennium
Celebrity Millennium
Member Name: Sheyshey
Cruise Date: July 2013
Embarkation: Vancouver
Destination: Alaska
Cabin Category: 1A
See More About: Celebrity Millennium Cruise Reviews | Alaska Cruise Reviews | Celebrity Cruise Deals

Disappointed too

This was my second cruise. Thank goodness, because if it had been my first I don't think I would have gone on a second. My first cruise with RC was terrific! I thought since RC and Celebrity were owned by the same company it would be equal in service. Boy was I wrong. I will not sail with Celebrity again. The stateroom service was very good. Other than that, the dining service was ok and the food was good (not as good as RC) but the other staff on the cruise ship other than about three staff members was below standard. The attitude of most staff members seemed to be that you were putting them out. I observed the table behind us in the dining room where a woman had stood up and the server said in an exasperated voice "excuse me" - his tone was rude. Also the buffet was not very good. We went to eat lunch at about 3:00 p.m. one afternoon and about all you could get was pasta and pizza and very little fruit.

We had read that they had updated the ship. I'm not really sure where the updates were. The sofa in our room was definitely old. The bedding was stained. The room was clean though and our stateroom attendant did change out our molded shower curtain on the second day there without us asking or telling her it had mold.

Communication between staff was also bad. We were waiting to be tendered to the dock and a staff member who had a walkie talkie and was communicating with the tender staff told us to go to deck 1 and we could get on the last small boat to go to shore before the cruise ship docked. We immediately went downstairs with a group and the tender staff stated "the tender just left." We asked him- didn't you just tell someone we could come down? and he said "the tender just left" - again we asked him hadn't he just asked us to come down?, and he finally said yes he did, but the tender just left. Again, the attitude was of one not caring.

Also, as "Disappointed" stated in his post, they did nickel and dime you to death.

I will say that the excursions were wonderful, and I think I will cruise again, but not on Celebrity.

Publication Date: 08/02/13