Princess Cruise Review by Gunner for ever: First time cruiser returns determined to become second time cruiser

Gunner for ever
Member Since 2013

Cabin Not Rated

First time cruiser returns determined to become second time cruiser

Sail Date: July 2013
Destination: Baltic & Northern Europe
Embarkation: Southampton

This was our first cruise. We boarded with anticipatory trepidation. My worst fear was being claustrophobically imprisoned for 2 weeks with inedible food and uninteresting people. The food, however, exceeded expectations particularly for my fussy eater of a husband. It was ideal as he could stick to comforting pasta whilst I could try a range of fish and starters I had never had before - all of which were surprisingly delicious. Couldn't fault the service either. Sometimes if we shared a table, we were less stimulated by the company but, on the whole, this was fine. The waiters looked as if they were genuinely thrilled to be serving us which was rather nice! We also loved afternoon tea and the international cafe. I would have liked to be given fresh water bottles each day and think that Princess could have absorbed this in the cost but hey!

The entertainment was ok. The port lectures were informative but not delivered in a hugely charismatic way. The lectures on music and art More were great and I enjoyed the culinary demonstrations. However, not all of the evening entertainment was to my taste (more classical music would have been good).

Finally, the gym was well equipped and I made use of the "running track" - 16 times round equalled a mile and my best effort ( to the well disguised surprise of those playing mini golf within the track), was 100 times around, just over six miles. Shame a track couldn't be laid around the whole ship.

The ports were interesting but wouldn't recommend Princess tours unless you were in Saint Petersburg as they were very expensive and the hop on, hop off buses sufficed.

Would we go again? You bet!!! Less

Read more Princess cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Princess Review >>

(3)

Great location for the castle.

Read 143 Oslo Reviews