Carnival Breeze Cruise Review by IAmSonOfASonOfASailor

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Carnival Breeze Cruise Review by IAmSonOfASonOfASailor
Carnival Breeze
Carnival Breeze
Member Name: IAmSonOfASonOfASailor
Cruise Date: July 2013
Public Rooms Not Rated

Carnival Breeze is okay

The embarkation was painless since we opted for the Faster to Fun! package. I highly recommend it.

My first impression of the lobby area was underwhelming. I guess I expected more. I found the Breeze to be in very good condition overall.

The crew was friendly and worked very hard as expected. The stateroom was cleaned twice a day. All used towels were replaced with fresh ones even if they were left hanging.

My stateroom was one floor directly above a hot tub. This created two problems. The first is the constant heat and humidity on the balcony. The second is the noise. I would recommend getting a room away from the hot tub.

In addition to laundry service, there were self service washers and dryers which is very nice.

The food was hit and miss. I found the prime rib and the grilled ham and cheese sandwiches to be excellent. I would pass on the frog legs which was drowned in oil or the pizza that lacks sauce and toppings. The special desserts like cherry jubilee and baked Alaska were disappointing. There is no midnight buffet.

Be careful on the lido deck (deck 10), the tile flooring is unusually slippery. I have witnessed several accidents.

The casino is much bigger than I expected. It had blackjack, craps, three card poker, and a variety of slot machines. There were a decent variety of shops including logoed merchandise, jewelry, candy, and duty-free. The spa was nice.

If you plan to shop on vacation, the shopping discussion with Gemstone John on the first day is not to be missed. They also sell a coupon book which was worth it in my case.

The comedians were pretty good and I didn't find them offensive at all.

I travelled with several teenagers and they were not interested in the teen clubs so they were bored at times.

I went on an excursion to Atlantis and apparently so did the most of the rest of the ship. The process was chaotic and time consuming.

Overall, the cruise was what I expected. The crew made the experience enjoyable and memorable. The company has lots of room for improvement.

Publication Date: 08/02/13