Carnival Breeze Cruise Review by IAmSonOfASonOfASailor: Carnival Breeze is okay

Public Rooms Not Rated

Compare Prices on Carnival Breeze Eastern Caribbean Cruises

Carnival Breeze is okay

Sail Date: July 2013

The embarkation was painless since we opted for the Faster to Fun! package. I highly recommend it.

My first impression of the lobby area was underwhelming. I guess I expected more. I found the Breeze to be in very good condition overall.

The crew was friendly and worked very hard as expected. The stateroom was cleaned twice a day. All used towels were replaced with fresh ones even if they were left hanging.

My stateroom was one floor directly above a hot tub. This created two problems. The first is the constant heat and humidity on the balcony. The second is the noise. I would recommend getting a room away from the hot tub.

In addition to laundry service, there were self service washers and dryers which is very nice.

The food was hit and miss. I found the prime rib and the grilled ham and cheese sandwiches to be excellent. I would pass on the frog legs which was drowned in oil or the pizza that lacks sauce and toppings. The special desserts More like cherry jubilee and baked Alaska were disappointing. There is no midnight buffet.

Be careful on the lido deck (deck 10), the tile flooring is unusually slippery. I have witnessed several accidents.

The casino is much bigger than I expected. It had blackjack, craps, three card poker, and a variety of slot machines. There were a decent variety of shops including logoed merchandise, jewelry, candy, and duty-free. The spa was nice.

If you plan to shop on vacation, the shopping discussion with Gemstone John on the first day is not to be missed. They also sell a coupon book which was worth it in my case.

The comedians were pretty good and I didn't find them offensive at all.

I travelled with several teenagers and they were not interested in the teen clubs so they were bored at times.

I went on an excursion to Atlantis and apparently so did the most of the rest of the ship. The process was chaotic and time consuming.

Overall, the cruise was what I expected. The crew made the experience enjoyable and memorable. The company has lots of room for improvement. Less

Read more Carnival Breeze cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Breeze Review >>

You can take a taxi to Nelson's Dockyard for $20 roundtrip.

Read 801 Antigua Reviews

Atlantis Aquaventure

(2)

The excursion begins in the Ovation Lounge onboard where you have to sign a waiver and wait for them to get organized. The process takes a long time. Eventually, you will be led to a bus that will drive you to Atlantis. According to Carnival, you can't buy a ticket to the waterpark on your own unless you are staying in the hotel but I am not so sure about that.

St. John Snorkel/Sail

(5)

St. John Champagne Catamaran Sailaway was great. The crew was fun and knowledgeable.

Rum Distillery

(1)

The North Shore & Pusser's Landing did not include a rum distillery. However, it did stop at Pusser's Landing where you can visit Pusser's Company Store and their bar. The tour wasted lots of time in the mountain including a 30 minute stop in the middle of nowhere so you can buy merchandise from this particular shop. I highly recommend going to Pusser's Landing and enjoying the beaches and marina but not with the excursion tour.