“Carnvial Dream Oct 2012”
Cruise review of Carnival Dream

bushmouse Carnival Dream 5 Carnvial Dream Oct 2012
bushmouse
Member Since 2010
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating

The ship was recently returned to service from dry dock when we sailed. It was overall a very nice, spacious ship.

Ship Layout: The ship had ample space, a nice deck plan and was easy to navigate. I love the Ocean Plaza; it added a nice touch to the ship. The outside deck around the Promenade was outstanding in my opinion. I did notice a space just to the aft of the Ocean View plaza that appeared unused and awkward for a ship--something nice could've been there.

Dining: Nice dining rooms. Service in aft dining room was not in line with my expectations of Carnival. We waited for over an hour the second night for our food. We demanded to be moved to the middle dining room the following night. They did arrange for us to me moved after several conversations with ship staff. The food and service in the middle dining room was much better. Buffets were average; nothing special. This ship should've received all of the FunShip 2.0 dining options while in dry dock, but didn't. I've had much better food on other Carnival ships.

The shows in the show lounge was good, but nothing spectacular.

I loved the Red Frog Rum Bar. The selection and atmosphere was great.

The water park was nice, but once again some FunShip 2.0 upgrades would be welcome here.

The staff on the ship done an overall excellent job. However, I could tell they were not always working as a team on this ship--many didn't have the "I'm proud to be a member of the Carnival Dream" type attitude as I've seen on other cruises before.

Boarding was easy and fast. Port Canaveral is nice, but I don't like leaving from a port that is over 50 miles from a major airport.

Carnival Dream Cruises to the Eastern Caribbean
  • Shore Excursions
  • Value for Money

Cabin review: Balcony

8E10274
Room was nice. We had a connecting stateroom to other family members. Our stateroom steward opened the balcony door between staterooms so we could share our balconies. Bed was comfortable and there was ample space in the room.

Port

We had the catamaran drop us off at a beach near the airport to watch airplanes fly just a few feet over our heads. It was awesome! Don't miss this opportunity. This airport is featured in many documentaries because of the runways close proximity to the beach.

Published 08/02/13
No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s Carnival Dream Review
Carnival Dream Cruises to the Eastern Caribbean
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?