Carnival Sunshine Cruise Review by Alleycatgirl: Carnival Sunshine 5 stars

Carnival Sunshine 5 stars

Sail Date: July 2013
Destination: Europe - Eastern Mediterranean
Embarkation: Barcelona

I was skeptical going into this cruise with Carnival reputation, however, I can honestly say this cruise was amazing and exceeded my expectations.

Aside from a little first day confusion (luggage taking til 6:00 pm to arrive and anytime dining crowd first day) - everything about the cruise was amazing. We were a group of six with two balcony and one inside room for the teens. The rooms were larger than expected and very comfortable. Room steward was top-notch. The entertainment, food, public areas were all beyond excellent. Staff was polite and professional. Excursions were top-notch and guides were skilled and friendly.

This was a trip of a lifetime for family quality time and education. It far exceeded my expectation and was probably the most memorable vacation of my life. Carnival got everything right in my opinion and I can't say enough positive things about the whole experience.

Only disappointments were no fridge in room and hair dryer was useless. More Thank goodness I brought my own. You have to hold the button for air to blow which is kind of dumb and makes styling difficult (ladies, you know what I mean). A full length mirror would also have been appreciated, but not a deal breaker.

But...if this is all I have to complain about, I am thankful.

The family photos taken on formal night were absolutely amazing and so professional. Made us all look 10 years younger...thank you Carnival.

We took 4 Carnival sponsored excursions (Florence, Rome, Venice, and Pompei in Naples.) All were top-notch with excellent guides and well worth the money. No disappointments here at all.

For a first time Europe trip and Italy....I will never forget this awesome vacation. Less

Published 08/02/13

Read more Carnival Sunshine cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Sunshine Review >>

Compare Prices on Carnival Sunshine Europe - Eastern Mediterranean Cruises

Cabin review: 9151

9151 - Comfortable, quiet, great balcony.9143 - Banging noises from above..perhaps just the guests in that room.9153 - inside cabin...quiet and comfortable.

Florence Walking Tour

Awesome. Booked "The David" museum myself in advance.

Pompeii Walking Tour

Onboarding Experience
Rates
Value for Money
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?
Skip X