Carnival Sunshine Cruise Review by Alleycatgirl

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Carnival Sunshine Cruise Review by Alleycatgirl
Carnival Sunshine
Carnival Sunshine
Member Name: Alleycatgirl
Cruise Date: July 2013
Embarkation: Barcelona
Destination: Eastern Mediterranean
See More About: Carnival Sunshine Cruise Reviews | Eastern Mediterranean Cruise Reviews | Carnival Cruise Deals
Member Rating   5+ out of 5+
Shore Excursions 5+
Value-for-Money 5+

Ship Facts: Carnival Sunshine Review (by Cruise Critic!) | Carnival Sunshine Deck Plans
Carnival Sunshine 5 stars

I was skeptical going into this cruise with Carnival reputation, however, I can honestly say this cruise was amazing and exceeded my expectations.

Aside from a little first day confusion (luggage taking til 6:00 pm to arrive and anytime dining crowd first day) - everything about the cruise was amazing. We were a group of six with two balcony and one inside room for the teens. The rooms were larger than expected and very comfortable. Room steward was top-notch. The entertainment, food, public areas were all beyond excellent. Staff was polite and professional. Excursions were top-notch and guides were skilled and friendly.

This was a trip of a lifetime for family quality time and education. It far exceeded my expectation and was probably the most memorable vacation of my life. Carnival got everything right in my opinion and I can't say enough positive things about the whole experience.

Only disappointments were no fridge in room and hair dryer was useless. Thank goodness I brought my own. You have to hold the button for air to blow which is kind of dumb and makes styling difficult (ladies, you know what I mean). A full length mirror would also have been appreciated, but not a deal breaker.

But...if this is all I have to complain about, I am thankful.

The family photos taken on formal night were absolutely amazing and so professional. Made us all look 10 years younger...thank you Carnival.

We took 4 Carnival sponsored excursions (Florence, Rome, Venice, and Pompei in Naples.) All were top-notch with excellent guides and well worth the money. No disappointments here at all.

For a first time Europe trip and Italy....I will never forget this awesome vacation.

Publication Date: 08/02/13
Read the Eastern Mediterranean ports review by Alleycatgirl
More Carnival Sunshine Cruise Reviews

Read the previous Carnival Sunshine review Read the next Carnival Sunshine review

More Eastern Mediterranean Cruise Reviews