Adventure of the Seas Cruise Review by davetheboss5: A Very Enjoyable Cruise

A Very Enjoyable Cruise

Sail Date: July 2013
Destination: Europe - Western Mediterranean
Embarkation: Southampton

We have cruised with Royal Caribbean (our preferred cruise line) a number of times but this was our first time on Adventure of the Seas. Although the ship is a few years old now we still found her to be in really good shape and are aware she is to be refitted for 2014. Staff were constantly cleaning all areas and I was especially pleased to see staff encouraging guests to use the Hand Sanitizers when entering the Dining Areas. Washy Washy then Yummy Yummy Unfortunately there are still some guests who feel they are above all that and obstinately walk on past the Sanitizers.

I am happy to report that thanks to the staff this was one of our best cruises ever. I found all the staff we came in contact with to be very friendly, helpful and genuinely wanting to ensure we had a great holiday. We had booked the 8.30 seated dinner and had a table of 10. We quickly got to know each other and got on very well adding to our cruise experience. We had a great waiter team in Mark and More Christopher and both had learnt all our first names by the end of the first meal. Our Head Waiter was also very attentive and if he spotted that you had not finished a course was over asking if anything was wrong or could he bring something else. In the past we felt pressured as staff were trying to push bottled water and speciality coffee but neither happened on this cruise. Our overall dining experience in the main dining room was excellent.

With over 3500 guests onboard you expect the Windjammer to be busy at certain times but again this was managed very well by all the staff, who were very helpful in finding a table or carrying things for you and fetching coffee or juice. The food selection was very good at all times and I felt that RCI had listened to customer feedback as things I had mentioned in the past had all been addressed.

Our Cruise Director HelloClo was excellent and very approachable.

My only complaints which are about RCI, not the ship, are the price of drinks on board. While I have no objections to companies making a profit I do object to extortion but on the plus side, less alcohol = less calories. The other issue is with the price of port shuttles. Most cruise ships dock in large commercial ports some distance from the main tourist areas so shuttles are required. I see this as another way to squeeze extra revenue from guests. I would have thought that any town or city traders would want to have tourists brought into their area so they should be providing transport or at least ensuring their local bus services stop at the ship. I feel cruise lines dont push for this service as this would affect their income.

I could write a lot more but hopefully this will give readers a flavour of what to expect. Highly recommend Adventure of the Seas and RCI. Less

Read more Adventure of the Seas cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Adventure of the Seas Review >>

Cabin review: Adventure of the Seas Promenade Oceanview Stateroom Deck 6 6297

We normally book an Inside Cabin but were given a Promenade Cabin. A bit smaller than what we would normally book but comfortable. A bit of noise as we were just above the Sports Bar but any music stopped shortly after midnight. The room was okay but I would not pay extra for this type of room. Very central location.