Pride of America Cruise Review by Best Reviewer: Great for seeing Hawaii

Great for seeing Hawaii

Sail Date: July 2013
Destination: Hawaii
Embarkation: Honolulu

This was our first cruise. We were interested in seeing all of Hawaii.

The ship is nice in size. We were fortunate to have a large balcony and used it a lot.

I found the staff to be for the most part courteous and helpful. The food was exactly what you expect. There is great, good and bad but honestly doable. We pretty much tried to eat In different venues. Both the Liberty and Skyline were okay but a little slow in the morning(which is not a big deal if you have the time) but for dinner great, the buffet and snack areas good enough. We did not eat at the restaurants that charge a surcharge because I could not get anyone who had felt it was worth the up charge.

We decided to by the soft drink package which turned to be big mistake and I feel like I gave the ship free money. The waitress gave me misinformation and truthfully it was work just to get a soft drink (only one place after a certain time etc.,serving consisted of 90% ice and small cups)and gave up. More I have to be honest -unless you tip them over the top they will serve you after they have no alcohol orders. It was easier to get ice tea or juice. Do what everyone else did. They brought their own at each port(I was told that this was not permitted. Alcohol costs are what you should expect.

The ports were good. We choose excursions through Norwegian and they were incredibly done well. We also took advantage of free shuttles.

Overall I think freestyle dining is the way to go and I would happily sail Norwegian again. Less

Read more Pride of America cruise reviews >>