Carnival Dream Cruise Review by LadybugTraveler: Western Caribbean Cruise on Carnival Dream - FANTASTIC!!!

LadybugTraveler
Member Since 2013

Compare Prices on Carnival Dream Western Caribbean Cruises

Western Caribbean Cruise on Carnival Dream - FANTASTIC!!!

Sail Date: December 2012
Embarkation: Port Canaveral

Absolutely amazing!! If this cruise is on your list of potentials, I definitely recommend it.

My fiance and I were lucky enough to get a Cloud 9 balcony room. The room was awesome. It felt plenty big enough to us, and this was my first cruise ever with a balcony. On the sea days, we spent a lot of time at the spa. The thermal pool, the loungers, the small reading room...all of those things helped me relax so much!

We had 4 ports of call - I've written about those separately, hopefully they are added to my review. (This is my first review on Cruise Critic!) Each of them was awesome. My favorite was visiting the beach in Roatan though.

Before going on this cruise, I read some of the negative reviews, and got a little nervous. That's one of the big reasons I'm writing this - this cruise was awesome! The ship, the service, the ports, all of it led to a very relaxing and restful cruise.

I'm a big believer in things are what you make of them - this is a More vacation, relax, have fun! Less

Read more Carnival Dream cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Dream Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Dream Interior Panorama

Snorkeling

(5)

Awesome! Snorkeled from a small private island, and saw some very cool coral formations. Still made it back to the ship with plenty of time to change and tender back to Belize City for some shopping and lunch. The gated shopping area isn't that great - but we didn't have enough time to really leave it and explore the actual city.

ATV Adventure

(5)

SO FUN! We loved our ATV tour. It takes you along these gorgeous, basically un-developed waters, and you get to go really fast along the shoreline. It was awesome. (Plus there's a part when you're going through the forest in the beginning, and we had these huge puddles to plow through...other people went slow though, so you only have to go fast if you want to.) At the end, you come back to a small private beach and lounge, snorkel, have a drink. We had plenty of time to shop and enjoy the cruise area, too. Tip - If you just walk out of the port area about half a block, there are a ton of more tourist shops, and these are much less expensive than the ones directly in the port area.

Mayan Ruins

(4)

Really enjoyed the trip to the Mayan Ruins. We toured Tulum. Don't miss the beach - the view of the ruins from the water is really neat. The cruise line completely took care of us. Picked us up from the port, arranged for a tour guide and history overview prior to the tour, and made sure we made it back to the boat in time for us to leave.

Beach Day

(5)

This was the best experience of the whole cruise. My fiance and I still talk about this day! We went to a beach - Castaway Cove?? - and had an awesome beach with private chairs, security, waiters, palm trees for shade, it was amazing. The water was beautiful. We rented snorkels and saw so many fish. It was like swimming in a Disney Movie!! (My fiance was wearing his watch, so all these colorful fish were following him around....) Then, we rented stand up paddle boards - truly amazing. If you don't know what to do in Roatan, do this!