Carnival Conquest Cruise Review by Team26FoLife: Western Caribbean Paradise

Compare Prices on Carnival Conquest Western Caribbean Cruises

Western Caribbean Paradise

Sail Date: July 2013
Embarkation: New Orleans

What a wonderful experience! I sailed with three friends out of New Orleans on the Carnival Conquest. The ship was lovely! The crew was delightful, everyone went out of their way to make the experience so amazing. The music on the Lido deck was great, always made me want to dance. I used the fitness center on board several times as well as the outside track and both were fantastic. Loved the sauna after my workout - helped me to relax and get ready for a day of FUN!

Montego Bay - This was our favorite port by far! I booked a paddle board lesson with Paddle Board Jamaica. Just a short $5 cab ride to Doctors Cave Beach, just to the left is a small private beach, Casa Blanca. The paddle boards were all set out, ready to go and our instructor could not have been more patient. Felt like we had the beach all to ourselves and the paddle boarding was not nearly as hard as I thought it would be. It was amazingly easy and we were standing, paddling within minutes. So much fun, we could More have stayed there all day!

Grand Cayman - We booked the Stingray City and Rum Point BEach excursion through Carnival and it was lovely! The ray experience was my favorite, you are right there with them. The water was so clear. I was able to feed one near the end and I also spotted a barracuda while snorkeling. Only issue was the time - took all day, but it was still nice.

Cozumel - We booked the Mayan Ruins and Island Sightseeing Tour through Carnival. The ruins were fantastic - the pictures on the Carnival excursion site simply didn't do it justice. Our guide was extremely knowledgeable. The island tour was great as well, however the guide will suggest buying souvenirs at the ruins and at the beach stop before you head back to town. Don't do it. We had plenty of time to shop back in town and the prices were a fraction of what they were at the ruins and the beach. I paid $10 each for some hand painted shot glasses at the ruins and found the exact same glasses at the port for only $5 each! I then checked the prices on each item I bought and each one was less pricey in town - I totally fell for that tourist trap!

All in all it was amazing. Carnival was absolutely a class act and I can't wait to sail again! Less

Read more Carnival Conquest cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Conquest Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Conquest Interior Panorama 1004

Mayan Ruins

(4)

Ruins were very nice, the guide was informative and quite funny. Wish they would give a bit more time to explore the ruins on our own - felt a bit rushed. The guide also suggested we pick up souvenirs at the gift shops there on the ruins site, that the prices were better but they absolutely were not. Prices were at least double or more at the ruins compared to the shops at the port. Little disappointed that the guide helped us walk right into that tourist trap.

Stingray Swim

(5)

Amazing! The rays were everywhere! Our guide let us feed them toward the end of the tour and provided snorkel masks for the swim. I would bring my own snorkel supplies next time since the boat didn't have enough for everybody. I was fortunate, I was travelling with a group and the first person off the boat grabbed a mask and snorkel so we shared! Spotted a barracuda while swimming, bonus! Would love to take my kids to this!

Best excursion ever. EVER! A short cab ride from the Montego Bay cruise terminal, a brief lesson on a private beach then paddling away! It was wonderful! Right next to Doctors Cave so there's plenty of people watching, but your beach is private so is completely serene as well. Instructor was very patient and explained everything quit well - we were up and paddling in just minutes! We would paddle for a bit, then just sit in the water and relax, then paddle a bit more..perfection!