Carnival Conquest Cruise Review by Team26FoLife

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Carnival Conquest Cruise Review by Team26FoLife
Carnival Conquest
Carnival Conquest
Member Name: Team26FoLife
Cruise Date: July 2013
Embarkation: New Orleans
Cabin Category: 4J
Spa & Fitness 5+

Western Caribbean Paradise

What a wonderful experience! I sailed with three friends out of New Orleans on the Carnival Conquest. The ship was lovely! The crew was delightful, everyone went out of their way to make the experience so amazing. The music on the Lido deck was great, always made me want to dance. I used the fitness center on board several times as well as the outside track and both were fantastic. Loved the sauna after my workout - helped me to relax and get ready for a day of FUN!

Montego Bay - This was our favorite port by far! I booked a paddle board lesson with Paddle Board Jamaica. Just a short $5 cab ride to Doctors Cave Beach, just to the left is a small private beach, Casa Blanca. The paddle boards were all set out, ready to go and our instructor could not have been more patient. Felt like we had the beach all to ourselves and the paddle boarding was not nearly as hard as I thought it would be. It was amazingly easy and we were standing, paddling within minutes. So much fun, we could have stayed there all day!

Grand Cayman - We booked the Stingray City and Rum Point BEach excursion through Carnival and it was lovely! The ray experience was my favorite, you are right there with them. The water was so clear. I was able to feed one near the end and I also spotted a barracuda while snorkeling. Only issue was the time - took all day, but it was still nice.

Cozumel - We booked the Mayan Ruins and Island Sightseeing Tour through Carnival. The ruins were fantastic - the pictures on the Carnival excursion site simply didn't do it justice. Our guide was extremely knowledgeable. The island tour was great as well, however the guide will suggest buying souvenirs at the ruins and at the beach stop before you head back to town. Don't do it. We had plenty of time to shop back in town and the prices were a fraction of what they were at the ruins and the beach. I paid $10 each for some hand painted shot glasses at the ruins and found the exact same glasses at the port for only $5 each! I then checked the prices on each item I bought and each one was less pricey in town - I totally fell for that tourist trap!

All in all it was amazing. Carnival was absolutely a class act and I can't wait to sail again!

Publication Date: 08/01/13