Carnival Glory Cruise Review by narrow56

Shore Excursions 5+
Value-for-Money 5+

First Canada/New England Cruise

BACKGROUND INFORMATION

My husband and I wanted to take another cruise. Carnival had some good deals, so we decided to try out our first Canada/ New England Cruise. I had previously been on 4 cruises, all to the Caribbean.

HOTEL INFO

We stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn in Burlington, MA. I recommend it!! It's easy to access Boston by the T at Alewife Station. We toured Boston the day before leaving on the cruise by taking a Free Tour By Foot. Check them out!

SHIP INFO

I thought the Glory was beautiful. It was small enough that you could easily get to where you needed to go, but big enough that you didn't feel packed in. It was always clean. I'm not 100% into the neon decor, but it was fine and had no impact on my enjoying the cruise.

ACTIVITIES

There was always something to do on the ship. We enjoyed the trivia, and there was plenty of that. I feel that there is something for everyone to do.

SERVICE

I have nothing negative to say about service. It was all top notch.

PORTS

We visited:

Portland

Saint John

Halifax

Sydney

STATEROOM

#6459 Aft-Our room was always kept clean. It was very small, but it was good enough for the two of us. This is an interior room located above the piano bar. We could hear the sing alongs at night. I don't recommend this room if you're a light sleeper.

DINING

I had requested a table for 2 but it was not granted. We had a table for 6. That was fine, but I was slightly disappointed. I was also kind of disappointed in the food during this cruise in the dining room. They didn't have a lot of options that I would like, but food is subjective.

Food in the buffet was good. There is a lot of variety. I LOVED Guys' Burgers. They are a must have. The burritos are good too. We had pizza several times during the week, and loved it.

We also ate ate the Emerald Steakhouse one night. If you can, you should definitely go. They food is amazing and the service is perfect.

ENTERTAINMENT

We only went to one of the 3 production shows during the week, Divas. Although the male singers were pretty awful, the show was great. We skipped Latin Nights and Motor City because they were on the Pride last summer. The Love and Marriage Show was fun as always.

The Hasbro Game Show was lame. I don't think you would enjoy it unless you had a kid in the show. It's definitely geared towards children, and I don't think it should count as entertainment at night.

We went to several comedy shows in the Ebony Cabaret. This room is FAR too small to meet the demand of the people who want to attend.

DISEMBARKATION

We chose to do self assist. It was quick and easy!

Publication Date: 07/31/13