Azamara Journey Cruise Review by ketchmeifyoucan

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Azamara Journey Cruise Review by ketchmeifyoucan
Azamara Journey
Azamara Journey
Member Name: ketchmeifyoucan
Cruise Date: June 2013
Embarkation: Athens (Piraeus)
Destination: Eastern Mediterranean
Cabin Category: V3
See More About: Azamara Journey Cruise Reviews | Eastern Mediterranean Cruise Reviews | Azamara Cruise Deals

LuxuryOnly.com

Wonderful Greek Cruise on the Journey.

Booked a cabin for myself and my wife and another cabin for my stepdaughter, son-in-law and granddaughter who turned 15 on the cruise.

Embarkation was quick and very efficent. The smoothes one I have experienced. Our cabin was very confortable, quiet and cabin attendents were very helpful, friendly and efficient. We booked late because had booked with Star Clipper but this cruise was cancelled due to ship being placed in drydock sobecause of late date, had limited choice in cabins on the Journey.

The ship is beautiful and with the small number of passengers, it never felt growded. I did not have to wait more than 30 seconds for an elevator in the whole seven day! Food was very good with many different selection each evening and wait staff superb in being so welcoming and resourseful Thank you Viktoria! There were also special evening dinners such as Mediterranean Night which was served on the pool deck. All of the crew were very friendly from the captain on down and we greatly enjoyed the cruise director, Eric DeGray's humor and performances.

Shore excusions were well managed. We were moved from ship to buses, etc., smoothly and also back on ship quickly. Azamara provides a free shore excusion on each cruise. We were treated to a classical performance in a former Greek outdoor theater in Ephesus. Amazing! Supposedly only the second time in 2000 years that a performance had been held in this theater. The dinner staff sang happy birthday and provided a birthday cake to my granddaughter on her birthday on (our last night on board) which I know is not unusual on a cruise but what I noticed most about the Journey's staff, was that they were genuinely fiendly throughout the cruise. What was most important for me was that each of my family members would have an educational, stimulating and enjoyable experience and they did! This along with the ships friendly crew, is one reason I am looking at the Journey's sister ship for a Black Sea cruise next year.

Publication Date: 07/31/13