“Loved Every Minute! ”
Cruise review of Holland America Zuiderdam

lovedalaska13 Zuiderdam 5 Loved Every Minute!
lovedalaska13
Member Since 2013
No Forum Posts
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating

We just got back from a 7 Day Alaska cruise out of Vancouver, BC. We loved every minute. The scenery is amazing. Cruising the Interior is not what I expected. The ship was close to land the whole time. Some of the passages were so narrow. It was fun to see it navigate through. So beautiful. We saw whales, bears, dolphins & eagles from the ship.

The day in Glacier Bay we got up and were in the Crowe's Nest by 7. Had a great view and was narrated by a man from the park Service. We went outside to see the glaciers. The second glacier had a lot of calving...that was so fun to see despite what it means for the glacier :(

The food on the Lido deck was very good. Always something fun going on up there. The atrium roof closed after the 1st day. Sometimes it got a little stuffy in there but not too bad. There were 2 very nice pools and they were not crowded at all. We had 4 kids along in our group. I loved that we did not have to search fro them in the pool. There were never more than 15 or so people in at once.

The whole ship seemed less crowded that that of our Caribbean Cruises. And so much nicer. I felt very comfortable letting my kids roam the ship (aged 11 & 13). They were the perfect age.

Our dining room experience was good, but not as good as our Caribbean cruise. I would say that was the one "downfall"- if I had to list one. Our waiter was hurried and limited in conversation. We felt rushed every night to place our order. Our food did not always arrive at the same time. Our wine attendant, on the other hand, was lovely, sweet and very attentive. The staff held a fun parade on the last night. Our waiter loosened up a bit.

In all, it was a great cruise. Weather was excellent, ship was wonderful. Could not have better memories!

Zuiderdam Cruises to Alaska

No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s Zuiderdam Review
Zuiderdam Cruises to Alaska
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?