Enchantment of the Seas Cruise Review by psbchris: Great time on Enchantment

Great time on Enchantment

Sail Date: July 2013
Destination: Bahamas
Embarkation: Port Canaveral

I was able to take a 4 night cruise on Enchantment of the Seas during July 4 week. This was my 3rd time on Enchantment, and my 16th cruise overall. My first time on Enchantment was in 2004 before it was stretched, then a 9 night earlier in 2013.

We drove to Orlando and spent the day ahead of the cruise at Sea World, which was a great time. In Orlando, we stayed at Springhill Suites Conference Center, which was very nice.

Monday morning we were up and driving to Canaveral by 9. It is only about an hour drive, or less. We drove around a little in Cocoa Beach, then got to the pier around 10:45. Check-in was very smooth, as usual, and by the time we were finished, they started boarding within minutes.

We are Diamond, and were in cabin 8672, which is a Jr Suite located on the very aft, center. The room was clean, as usual. Having stayed in other Junior Suites on Enchantment, I found the aft room a little smaller than other Junior Suites. The extra balcony space More is nice and the view is wonderful.

Enchantment is an older ship that was refurbished earlier this year. Overall, I found the ship clean, inviting and the service to be very good.

Food in the main dining room was consistently good, and cooked to order. Chops Grille is not to be missed with amazing service and food. The changes made as part of the refurb are great. I love the nightly music in the Centrum at the R Bar. There is more than enough deck space and we never had trouble finding a quiet spot. Park Cafe in the Solarium is not to be missed.

Our room steward was excellent, and always kept our room tidy.

Nassau was fine. I've been there quite a few times, so did not get off the ship. We decided to enjoy the quiet Solarium. The same with Coco Cay.

One particularly nice evening, they showed OZ on the large pool screen. That was a very nice experience. We did not go to any other shows, as we have seen them before.

The Diamond Lounge was very nice, and I cannot say enough about the service in that area. Fantastic!!

Overall, 4 nights is never enough, but we had a wonderful time and will be on Royal again in November on Freedom of the Seas!

Disembarkation was quick and easy. We carried off our own luggage and were in the car by 7:15. Less

Read more Enchantment of the Seas cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Enchantment of the Seas Review >>

Cabin review: Enchantment of the Seas Junior Suite Deck 7 8672

Aft room smaller than other Junior Suites on the ship. Huge aft balcony with 2 lounge chairs and a small table. Long walk to the back of the ship.