Carnival Fantasy Cruise Review by jordanaire

10-12 1.0
        13-15 1.0
        16+ 1.0

Fantasy 5-day Bahamas

Our family cruise consisted of myself, my wife, our sons and their families, my dad, my sister and her family for a total of 15 people. Some of us drove from Georgetown, KY while others flew down from Fremont, OH. Our pre-cruise hotel was the Wingate by Wyndham in North Charleston, SC. It was a fantastic hotel which I booked through Hotels.com.

I will briefly review the cruise itself:

Pros: Ship was in great shape. Food was great! The shows were FANTASTIC (Motown and the Brits). Kids loved Camp Carnival!

Cons: Never saw the Cruise Director (heard she was sick). Our head waiter was the worst ever of any of our previous 18 cruises! No live band on board! Had a DJ playing music! No orchestra either! Bingo cost up to $25 for 3 cards! Daniel (of the entertainment staff) had such a heavy accent that it was difficult to understand him during trivia contests! Embarkation was a hassle! Parked car in a warehouse! Shore excursions were very expensive! No "win a free cruise" raffle!

Would I do this cruise again? Probably. Do I hope that Carnival stops with the cut-backs and goes back to the way they were 10 years ago? Absolutely!

Publication Date: 07/30/13