Carnival Fantasy 5

jordanaire
Member Since 2000
2,201 Forum Posts

Overall Member Rating

Our family cruise consisted of myself, my wife, our sons and their families, my dad, my sister and her family for a total of 15 people. Some of us drove from Georgetown, KY while others flew down from Fremont, OH. Our pre-cruise hotel was the Wingate by Wyndham in North Charleston, SC. It was a fantastic hotel which I booked through Hotels.com.

I will briefly review the cruise itself:

Pros: Ship was in great shape. Food was great! The shows were FANTASTIC (Motown and the Brits). Kids loved Camp Carnival!

Cons: Never saw the Cruise Director (heard she was sick). Our head waiter was the worst ever of any of our previous 18 cruises! No live band on board! Had a DJ playing music! No orchestra either! Bingo cost up to $25 for 3 cards! Daniel (of the entertainment staff) had such a heavy accent that it was difficult to understand him during trivia contests! Embarkation was a hassle! Parked car in a warehouse! Shore excursions were very expensive! No "win a free More cruise" raffle!

Would I do this cruise again? Probably. Do I hope that Carnival stops with the cut-backs and goes back to the way they were 10 years ago? Absolutely! Less

Carnival Fantasy Cruises to the Bahamas

Rates
Value for Money

Cabin review: Interior

4AR184
Cabin R184 was fine. A little crowded with 4 people init. Had 2 double beds slid together and 2 fold-down beds, which we left down throughout the cruise.Good location (between elevators)

Published 07/30/13

Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Fantasy Review

Carnival Fantasy Cruises to the Bahamas

Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?