Too big not to fail: Allure of the Seas Cruise Review by bsorge
Overall Member Rating
Too big not to fail
Destination: Eastern Caribbean
Embarkation: Fort Lauderdale (Port Everglades)
Here is the good-
- Great entertainment and shows. Some if the best at sea!
- lots of choices for dinning, but often not worth the extra money.
- Nice looking ship with very intelligently designed cabins.
The not so good and sometimes bad-
- Fitness center run by Steiner and much if the equipment requires maintenance. Very frustrating trying to watch TV on elliptical/treadmills.
- Casino almost always $ 10.- minimum bet and offers lousy playing odds.
- the Buffet is terrible and alway over crowded and noisy. Main dinning room service mediocre at best until lasf two nights. Food very mediocre with poor quality meats and fish. Best was the brazil steak house for lunch.
- Pool area is unbelieveable crowded and chaise lounges very cheap and not padded. Pool looked More like a Coney Island resort.
-Elevators were packed and often went the wrong direction just to get on them.
- Daytime activities very poor and movies were strictly children's affairs. No movie theatre.
-Disenbarking process was very slow and behind schedule.
Saving grace was the Diamond lounge which we understand in Septmber 2013 they will lower the amenities for Diiamond/Platinum members. We felt that the public areas were much too small for the number if passengers and we waited in line for everything. More like going to Disneyland then going on a cruise ship. Much to big for our experienced selves.
We would go agin if we went with our kids and grand kids only. Less
Cabin review: CV9603 Central Park View Stateroom
9603 faces Central Park and was spacious and fiairly quiet. This cabin is center ship, but was not needed as this ship has very little movement.Read All Central Park View Stateroom (CV) Reviews >>
RCCL is the Best Cruise Line i...
Royal Caribbean Allure of the ...
Best vacation of my life!!!