Thomson Dream Cruise Review by Merrymen45

Cruise Date: July 2013
Embarkation: other
Destination: Western Mediterranean
Cabin Category: OU
See More About: Thomson Dream Cruise Reviews | Western Mediterranean Cruise Reviews | Thomson Cruises Cruise Deals
Dining 5+
Entertainment 5+
Shore Excursions 5+

Ship Facts: Thomson Dream Review (by Cruise Critic!) | Thomson Dream Deck Plans
Dream of (Moorish) Delights

This was our third cruise with Thomson, our second on the Dream, and what a fab ship she is. The staff were great particularly Darmadin our steward on Deck 6 and "old friend" Jess the Wine Steward in the Orion and waiters Eri and Aildil. The food was above expectations and really I had no desire to Dine with Steak Under the Stars which carried an extortionate 13.95 extra! The juices at breakfast were watered down - I saw them doing it,and the drink prices were expensive but cheaper than other ships I was told.

The Theatre shows were very professional, but were not altogether to my taste, but that's just me. The excursion to Gibralta was one of the best I have been on, the Guide was excellent, but be warned if you do the Rock Tour and have mobility problems you wont be able to appreciate the caves as the lift only goes down one level and not to the ground floor. Cadiz was very pretty, but you dont really need to do an excursions as its all within easy walking distance from the ship. Tangier and the Fantasia Show were a good tour and the venue has proper toilets, you are expected to tip the attendant in euros. If you go during the month of July its RAMADAN and ladies, you are expected to "cover up" as much as possible. Our guide was called Bob, he wore traditional Moroccan dress and was extremely nice. Unfortunately, we had an accident, our coach hit a police van, so we were delayed a bit and only had 20 mins at the beach instead of a longer stay. Motril was a nice relaxing beach day, the beach shuttle bus was 5 euro each return. The beach was large with grey sand with lots of pebbles, it was lifeguarded and there was a toilet hut at the back of one of restaurants, beware the restaurants there were very expensive!

Cartegena: A very pretty town with lots of souvenir shops and we even found a Spar, this was only a half day stop, so had to be back on board to sail to Palma. I was really sad it was all over so quickly and would definitely go again, anyone who says the food is like school dinners is just plain fussy in my opinion.

Publication Date: 08/04/13