Silver Whisper Cruise Review by kandylandmo: Silverseas is unparalled.....except maybe by Seabourn

kandylandmo
Member Since 2009

Family & Children 1.0

Compare Prices on Silver Whisper Baltic Sea Cruises

Silverseas is unparalled.....except maybe by Seabourn

Sail Date: July 2013
Destination: Baltic Sea
Embarkation: Copenhagen

my husband and my 14 yo son just got off of the silverseas silver whisper. this truly was one of our favorite vacations ever. we have sailed with crystal, seabourn, regent, and celebrity. silverseas has no competition except from seabourn. my husband and i have discovered that we like smaller ships. we work very hard in our day to day lives and like the chance to slow down the pace and escape from hordes of people.

silversea is a quiet cruise line. it is not meant for discoing, night life, etc. if you like to read, relax, take great excursions, learn about your destinations and eat and drink great food and wine, this is the cruise line for you.

our cabin was 801, a grand suite, which we loved for the spaciousness and the fact that it had a pull out sofa for our teenage son. i would imagine this suite as it is on the front of the boat could be rocky in high seas, so be forewarned.

our butler, bryan was wonderful. in our suite, we got complimentary laundry, More dry cleaning and pressing. that alone was worth the price of the suite.

we found the food to be consistently good, sometimes delicious. the house wine were all good, the house champagne being pommery(they had me at hello!)

the staff was exceptional, only marred by one or two slightly unfriendly waiters. overall, many knew our names by the second day. very friendly and always accomodating.

our fellow passengers were wonderful. we met many new friends and hope to stay in touch.

the entertainment staff were just lovely. talented and friendly!

our excursions were a blast. also be warned, if they say strenous, at least on the cruise the fjords, it's strenuous. a three hour hike is just that. no dallying around. our kayak trip was 10km total.

my husband's biggest complaint is that they couldn't broadcast the british open. he was bitterly disappointed. so i guess one negative is the lack of tv stations to choose from, at least no american sports to follow.

the gym is small...always to my dismay. my husband and son got great massages, so i assume the spa is good as well.

overall, just a great, great trip! we booked for next year already. Less

Read more Silver Whisper cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Silver Whisper Review >>

Cabin review: Silver Whisper 801

801 grand suite. gorgeous room, but high up and in the front. might get bumpy in rough seas. great in calm seas.