Carnival Sunshine Cruise Review by beachlover67: Great time on the Sunshine

Great time on the Sunshine

Sail Date: July 2013
Destination: Europe - Western Mediterranean
Embarkation: Barcelona

This was me and my husbands first cruise, so we had no big expectations. Embarking on the ship was fast and our cabin was ready. We had a balcony room which I was very glad for. It was most enjoyable to sit outside and watch the sites. The room was spacious enough, and the bathroom was also. Very simply decorated, but nice. Our cabin steward was very friendly, and accommodating. Dining experiences: JIJI's Asian restaurant was extremely good, and the service was exceptional. We had the late dining time, which I think was good to avoid children, and allowed to shower after a day of excursions.

There were a lot of children on this cruise, which surprised me! I found that many were very rude, running down the halls, running with food etc, certainly a lack of parental control. There was plenty of choices on the menu, and the desserts were very good. I thought the prices of the drinks were quite high ( $8.75) though.

There were many options in the evening for More entertainment. The Casino was quite large, there was a comedy show- which was very good, and there were several different acts over the course of the cruise. There were several bands, and solo music acts. We really enjoyed Robbie Litt in the Red Frog Pub. Several bar areas with live music. There were some dance productions, which were good, and other variety of acts, that were hit and miss. (former Cirque Du soliel act was horrible- likely fired from the Cirque) We booked all of our excursions pre-cruise with people we spoke to on cruise critics- this was an awesome decision, as the excursions were far less money, as well as the groups were very small, which gave us a chance to get to know those on the tour.

My only real issue with the cruise was in regards to the Serenity deck(over 21 ). This deck really lacked shade/umbrellas for those lounging there. I got up on each of our 3 sea days at 5:30 am in order to save an umbrella(one of 5). There were people sleeping on that deck, in order to get the seats they wanted. Those who did not use the Serenity deck baked like cookies in the sun, as there were no umbrellas or shade in those areas. If you did not get to the Serenity deck by 7am there were no loungers avail at all. There is a very annoying large screen at the pool area that they play Cheers(yah, you heard me) re-runs all day. Carnival... REAllY???

How that fits into the FUN 2.0 I am really confused!We met some really nice people on this cruise. Really enjoyed our dinner companions. All in all, we had a great time, saw so much, have wonderful memories! Less

Read more Carnival Sunshine cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Sunshine Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Sunshine 7255

We were in cabin 7255- this is a sleeping deck only. Our cabin had a lot of space, we used all of the cabinetry, stored our luggage in the bottom of the cabinets. We brought extra hangers, and I am really glad we did, as there certainly would not be enough. We had a balcony with two chairs, and it was great to sit out side and relax after an excursion. The bathroom is small, but adequate, had shelfing for toiletries. Beds were made and room tidied quite quickly. Would definitely recommend this floor.