Carnival Breeze Cruise Review by raggedyann6

Carnival Breeze
Carnival Breeze
Member Name: raggedyann6
Cruise Date: July 2013
See More About: Carnival Breeze Cruise Reviews | Western Caribbean Cruise Reviews | Carnival Cruise Deals

Good Time

We stayed the night before at the Hampton Inn Blue Lagoon South airport which was near drug stores grocery store and some fast food restaurants. Free airport shuttle. The shuttle to the cruise docks was $10 per person and left at 11:00 and I think 12:30. We walked our carry on luggage on to the ship. The check in took about 20 minutes and we were in our cabin, very very easy! I went with my 18 and 16 year old daughters. Our cabin 2532 was and inside , there were 2 beds and a bunk bed. I liked the location we had early seating in the Blush dining room which was just one floor up from our cabin. We took the stairs never the elevator. The climb to the Lido on deck 11 was a good workout. The shows casino, comedy, dance club were all close by on deck 5. There was some fishy yuck smell in some halls on deck 2 but not by our cabin. We had a table for 10 early seating in the Blush dining room. Our head waiter Raymond and assistant Balikpapan were Fantastic. they always greeting us by name and were great. Our table mates and us always ordered several appetizers and sometimes 2 entrees and deserts. I liked just about all the food I did not get any red meat dishes for diner but my daughter said hers was always good. The hot and chilled soups were always very good. I have been on several celebrity , one Princess, and one NCL cruise and to me I think Carnival has comparable quality,Celebrity just a step up. For the price Carnival can not be beat.

The ship was very nice, I never used the pools, spa or workout areas. The comedy club on deck 5 aft was always crowded. People lined up around 9:00 for the 9:45 pm show which was a bit of a pain. I only went to 2 comedy shows,one was funny a 57 year old women, the other Bob somebody was pretty awful. people actually were walking out of his 9:45 show he was just not funny. There is no excuse for having bad comics. The other shows were OK I had been on a Carnival cruise in Feb and it was pretty much the same shows. The cut back on the number of singers and dancers from around 14 to 8 and no live orchestra at the main shows. I really miss the Caribbean band they had on the Lido, they now have just a DJ.

Butch the cruise director was fun, you actually saw him around the ship talking to everybody. The seas were calm. The dance club was busy after 11:30 pm, I just wish they did not allow any smoking in the club. We did self assist leaving the ship after having breakfast in the MDR. We finished breakfast around 8:40 and were at the taxi stand at 8:50 which was amazing, so easy. I would sail on the Breeze again for sure.

Publication Date: 07/30/13