Carnival Breeze Cruise Review by raggedyann6: Good Time

Member Since 2006

Compare Prices on Carnival Breeze Western Caribbean Cruises

Good Time

Sail Date: July 2013

We stayed the night before at the Hampton Inn Blue Lagoon South airport which was near drug stores grocery store and some fast food restaurants. Free airport shuttle. The shuttle to the cruise docks was $10 per person and left at 11:00 and I think 12:30. We walked our carry on luggage on to the ship. The check in took about 20 minutes and we were in our cabin, very very easy! I went with my 18 and 16 year old daughters. Our cabin 2532 was and inside , there were 2 beds and a bunk bed. I liked the location we had early seating in the Blush dining room which was just one floor up from our cabin. We took the stairs never the elevator. The climb to the Lido on deck 11 was a good workout. The shows casino, comedy, dance club were all close by on deck 5. There was some fishy yuck smell in some halls on deck 2 but not by our cabin. We had a table for 10 early seating in the Blush dining room. Our head waiter Raymond and assistant Balikpapan were Fantastic. they always greeting us by name and More were great. Our table mates and us always ordered several appetizers and sometimes 2 entrees and deserts. I liked just about all the food I did not get any red meat dishes for diner but my daughter said hers was always good. The hot and chilled soups were always very good. I have been on several celebrity , one Princess, and one NCL cruise and to me I think Carnival has comparable quality,Celebrity just a step up. For the price Carnival can not be beat.

The ship was very nice, I never used the pools, spa or workout areas. The comedy club on deck 5 aft was always crowded. People lined up around 9:00 for the 9:45 pm show which was a bit of a pain. I only went to 2 comedy shows,one was funny a 57 year old women, the other Bob somebody was pretty awful. people actually were walking out of his 9:45 show he was just not funny. There is no excuse for having bad comics. The other shows were OK I had been on a Carnival cruise in Feb and it was pretty much the same shows. The cut back on the number of singers and dancers from around 14 to 8 and no live orchestra at the main shows. I really miss the Caribbean band they had on the Lido, they now have just a DJ.

Butch the cruise director was fun, you actually saw him around the ship talking to everybody. The seas were calm. The dance club was busy after 11:30 pm, I just wish they did not allow any smoking in the club. We did self assist leaving the ship after having breakfast in the MDR. We finished breakfast around 8:40 and were at the taxi stand at 8:50 which was amazing, so easy. I would sail on the Breeze again for sure. Less

Read more Carnival Breeze cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Breeze Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Breeze 2532

Quiet, close to everything except the Lido. There were 3 of us in our cabin. There were 2 twin beds and a bunk bed. I think Carnival beds are comfortable, the pillows were a bit harder than I would have liked but still OK. The air conditioning was good you could control it. You need to have a credit card or your rom key card in the slot to keep the lights on in the room. There was a fishy smell in some hall ways on deck 2 but not in front of our cabin. I like how nice and dark the inside cabins are I only am in the cabin to sleep and shower anyway. I was worried about being under the galley but really never heard any loud noises. Maybe once we heard some noise for a few seconds around 5 am but that was it the whole 8 days.The mini drive was stocked with mini bottles and soda not much room for your own water bottles but not worth having the room steward removing them. The refrigerator is not that cold. The safe is big enough for an ipad mini and maybe a full sized ipad. It opens with a combination of 4 numbers you program. There was plenty of room under the bed to store your luggage. There are 3 closets 2 for hanging clothes and one with shelves. The hair dryer is in the desk/vanity top drawer. There is a night stand with 2 places to store some small things. there is a clothes line in the shower, shampoo and shower gel. The basket in our bathroom had a travel size toothpaste, a few breath right samples and something else which I do not remember.

We took a taxi to Philip's Animal Garden which was $17 for the 3 of us. Philip is 27 and has a private animal garden where he has taken in unwanted animals. We were taken on a private tour with one of his staff for about an hour and then walked around on our own for another hour. The animals are so well taken care of it is a wonderful place! My 16 and 18 year old daughters and my self loved this experience. they give you pellets and carrots to feed some of the animals. The area is very, very clean and the animals are all well cared for. Philip is always planting new trees and fixing the animal enclosures when needed.

We then had them call us a cab and went to Palm Beach for 2 hours. I brought 2 blow up rafts at CVS for $7 each when we were at our hotel in Miami the day before the cruise. It took me about 15 minutes to blow each of them up but it was worth it to float around in the warm calm waters! We caught a cab at one of the hotels back to the cruise dock which took about 20 minutes, they have set rates, it was $14 I think. They charge per ride not per person. We did not eat while we were at the beach. They rented lounge chairs for $10 each which we did not use. One of my daughters does not like the ocean so she sat on a bench under a that thatched roof for free while we were in the water. No real snorkeling right off the beach but the water was very clear and about 82. Aruba was very clean every where and we felt safe.

Read 682 Aruba Reviews