Carnival Legend Cruise Review by strongbow5: You Get What you pay for

You Get What you pay for

Sail Date: July 2013
Destination: Baltic Sea
Embarkation: Dover

I chose to take a Carnival cruise as I did not realise the Legend sailed from Dover only 30 mins from my home and did not fancy the trek to Southampton to join my favourite line P&O. although owned by Carnival they are worlds apart on standards.

The ship is gaudy and depressing in its decor and whoever designed it should be ashamed of themselves. The food in the buffet is average and not very often is it hot lukewarm chicken is quite dangerous and I observed no temperature controls in place. The main restaurant was poor to average in food quality however the staff were very nice and polite.

John the entertainments manager and Cruise director was fantastic but his team did not really mingle with the passengers unlike other ships. cabins are clean and comfortable however be prepared if you are a smoker to be accused of smoking in your cabin if the steward smells smoke on your clothes this happened to me and I was mad as hell. the cruise is cheap however the bar More prices and all the add ons are not compared to other cruise lines, entertainment is limited but is far better than I expected.

If they gave the ship a lick of paint and improved on the food it would be a great ship. Less

Read more Carnival Legend cruise reviews >>