“Ruby Princess Excellent - well almost”
Cruise review of Ruby Princess

rodders007 Ruby Princess 4 Ruby Princess Excellent - well almost
rodders007
Member Since 2013
No Forum Posts
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating

My wife and I have just returned from our first real cruise (did a 5 day out of Florida previously).

PROS:

The staff excelent nothing was too much trouble and all well trained, The facilities, food etc all excellent. Even got pizza served to us watching a film in the cinema under the stars!

Great mix of fellow guests from all over the world and the average age must have been about 40. Only 1 small wheel chair in sight!

CONS:

Disappointed with the costs of the internet (to be expected) but the HORRENDOUS COST OF DRINKS on board. We had freedom dining and used both the allocated restaurants at various times, electing to share a table. We had super people from USA, Canada, Australia, Israel, New Zealand, Mexico and Chile and some Brits - share our table throughout the cruise BUT NOT ONE PERSON BOUGHT A DRINK WITH DINNER - TOO EXPENSIVE!!

Surely Princess 10% of something is better than 100% of nothing. For example the basic cost of a glass of wine was $8 plus 15% service charge for a SMALL glass - I worked as a hotel inspector for over 20 years and i know that the bottle of wine was costing less than that - if not their buyers need replacing. Yes I know us Brits are known for being tight (its just that we do not like being mugged - we like value for money) but the Australasians, Canadians and even the Americans we were with, decided it was too expensive. Also extra for cappucino or latte coffee - why?

FINALLY - yes I would recommend Princess cruises but with the proviso you could remain t'total for the voyage!

Ruby Princess Cruises to the Eastern Mediterranean

No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s Ruby Princess Review
Ruby Princess Cruises to the Eastern Mediterranean
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?