Silver Wind Cruise Review by ShipShop: Four Seasons Hotel sailing the world!

Silver Wind 5
Member Since 2007
9 Forum Posts

Compare Prices on Silver Wind Europe - Western Mediterranean Cruises

Four Seasons Hotel sailing the world!

Sail Date: July 2013
Destination: Europe - Western Mediterranean
Embarkation: Barcelona

We had the pleasure of sailing on the Silver Wind for a Barcelona to Rome cruise in July. We are previous Regent cruisers and liked the itinerary enough to try Silversea. We found the staff to be gracious, fun and accommodating. They wanted to know us by name and made extra efforts to get to know us and our preferences.

We enjoyed dining the buffet in La Terraza for breakfast and lunch. Our best dinner on the ship was here. Make you reservations early!! The main dining room was more formal and we enjoyed the diverse menu. The wine is always flowing and I liked trying new wines with every meal. Pool dining was just OK. We hung out on the pool deck in the afternoon and I requested an espresso, skim and Splenda frozen smoothie each day. I occasionally had them put Kahlua in it. Delightful. They were happy to make anything i could create!

Besides the pool bar, we enjoyed the observation lounge for sunsets. At night the mood and lighting More changes to a W Hotel like atmosphere. The best bar was the complementary setup in our cabin with whatever we wanted to ask the butler for. Nothing beats drinks on the verandah when pulling out of Monte Carlo!

We were in 612 which is a verandah suite near the front of the ship. The stairs were closer than the elevator (rear of ship) so we took the stairs most of the time. We liked the size and the amenities. Plenty of storage!! Loved the floor to ceiling windows with a door that opens to verandah. We were spoiled on the Regent Navigator and the HUGE bathroom. The Wind bathroom was fine. Just fine.

We had a fun mix of all ages. Hubby and I are in our 40s and we got to know folks from Australia, UK and US from ages 25 to 75. I was surprised at the number of kids and the number of passengers staying on for three weeks. The ship is delightfully small and intimate, but we decided that we could not stay on board for a long period of time unless we had a port intensive itinerary.

Yep, I had to go here. I indulged a bit too much and had the pleasure of spending time with the Doctor (ER Doc from Cleveland!) and the lovely nurse from the Philippines. I got better, more personalized care here than my Primary Care Doc! Thankfully, my travel insurance will cover the visit and meds.

Terrific ship, accommodating staff, yummy food and drink, docked in most ports, comfortable cabin and our best vacation evah! Less

Published 07/29/13

Read more Silver Wind cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Silver Wind Review >>

Compare Prices on Silver Wind Europe - Western Mediterranean Cruises

Cabin review: VES612

Closer to stairs than elevator.

Skip X