Norwegian Pearl Cruise Review by Jetsetr2020

Cruise Date: July 2013
Embarkation: Seattle
Destination: Alaska
Cabin Category: MA
See More About: Norwegian Pearl Cruise Reviews | Alaska Cruise Reviews | NCL Cruise Deals

Cruise on Pearl more like Cubic Zerconia

Recently my wife and I traveled with our favorite traveling couple and decided to try out the pearl. The ship was nice and our mini suite was more than adequate but that is pretty much where it ended. I warned everyone not to compare this cruise with the Crystal and Regent cruises we had enjoyed in the past and believe me we all went into this with an open mind and might I say, wallet.

The food in almost every venue was beyond bad. Not to mention their Garden Cafe that no matter when you entered you could never find a seat. After the first nigh in the main dining room we decided to only eat dinner at the "Speciality Restaurants". Bistro and Cagney's were pretty good but after that everything else was coffee shop quality at best. The Italian and Asian real bad! How can you screw up a pizza? Load it up with garlic and drench it in tomato sauce. The final blow was during lunch at the 24 hour Blue Lagoon, I ordered the meatloaf, can you say ALPO????? I challenged the manager to eat it and she refused. Wonder Why!

The shows were great and the staff in general pleasant. There were a few staff members however that had a very limited English vocabulary and were very had to understand.

The main Atrium was constantly filled with tables selling cheap jewelry and large amounts of people looking for deals. I felt like I was at a flea market.

And they nickle and dime you to death. I paid $59 to play bingo along with about 75 other people and they played three games with total prizes of less than $1000

Everything you do has a price tag attached to it. When you factor in all the extra costs you can go on a luxury all inclusive cruise for about the same money.

So on a scale of 1 to 10

Ship 7

Stateroom 7 My friends stateroom was a basic balcony room and it was a nightmare. Chips in the sink, torn drape and very small.

Entertainment 9