MSC Divina Cruise Review by EmmB

Cruise Date: July 2013
Embarkation: Venice
Destination: Eastern Mediterranean
Cabin Category: 3
See More About: MSC Divina Cruise Reviews | Eastern Mediterranean Cruise Reviews | MSC Cruises Cruise Deals

Ship Facts: MSC Divina Review (by Cruise Critic!) | MSC Divina Deck Plans
Stay away from this ship
I'm on the MSC Divina right now and I must say it's a nightmare.

People are rude, and I remain very polite using that term.

They push you away to get in a lift (elevator), push you away to get trough a hallway, and never ever they will say sorry or any form of excuse.

Forget about the rule that reserving seats isn't allowed, after 9h it's impossible to find a free seat around the pool and the people watching the pool don't remove the towels thrown there to reserve the seats.

The "relax - zen" pool is anything but relax or zen, kids shouting all over the place and jumping in the pool, while it's not allowed.

When I made the remark I have been told that I could go to deck 18 where there is a paid relax zone with no kids allowed, so because other don't respect the rules I would have to pay 50€????

Dinner time is like feeding time for pigs, people jump on the food, take all the last pieces away in front of you without even eating them. I have never seen so much food being thrown away.

They don't seem to respect the dress policy either, no swimsuits in the restaurants, well .... forget about it, they'll come in with the swimsuits still wet, no t-shirts or anything and hang with their sweaty arms over the food.

And it's not only the people in the restaurants, it's also the food. I'm Belgian, so I'm used to a large variety of food styles, and I do like most of them, but here I can't find anything that looks like worth trying, and it's every single day the same food.

It became so bad that over the last 2 nights the optional restaurants, for which you have to pay a supplement, have been overly crowed, all people like us that can't stand it anymore and are willing to pay extra to get some decent food in a normal restaurant.

On a positive note I do have to say that the Tex-Mex restaurant is really good, the waiters are nice and will do anything they can to serve you, which can't be said of any other waiter in the bars or restaurants.

The rooms are also very nice and clean with nice living space and great balconies.

I could go on for hours but bottom line is you won't see me on a MSC cruise ever. Although this is my first cruise I will cruise again, I love the concept but I'll probably be using other companies then MSC.

So my advice, stay away from this ship !!

Publication Date: 07/29/13