Carnival Breeze Cruise Review by debk68: Breezy review

Family & Children 3.8

Compare Prices on Carnival Breeze Western Caribbean Cruises

Breezy review

Sail Date: July 2013

Breeze review July14 just some quick thoughts...We traveled with 9 (65,48,45,40,19,16,16,13,10).

Entertainment-

Marcus Monroe the juggler.This guy was a great entertainer. Highlight of our entertainment.

Red Frog Pub acoustic. This became our favorite bar. It was quiet.

The kids LOVED the Hasbro show. They went to the production shows, didn't care for them.

Not much for a 19 year old to do.

My 16 year olds are pretty "innocent" they did not like the teen club due to all the "bumping and grinding" on the dance floor.

The 13 and 10 year old, this was their first cruise. The 10 year old girl made many friends and loved the camp carnival. The 13 year old boy did not, but still had a blast with the ropes course and water park.

My experience not purchasing FttF- We ended up arriving at the pier at 9 AM due to the overnight flight. We were in Zone 1 called directly after those that had purchased their FttF. We carried More our luggage on and off. . My mom arrived around 12:30 and was on the ship in under an hour. We had a 5:00PM flight out of Miami, so we stayed on the ship until they kicked us off around 10. Very short line through customs.

Drink package. We probably broke even. With not paying for sodas it was worth it.

My time dining worked well for us. We were a group of 9 and were seated within minutes of arrival. We had a great waiter team Adi, Septa and Made. We requested them every night and had them for 4 of the 6. MDR dinner was not bad, the Basa was easily my favorite. We did the Melting cake with peanut butter. Service was excellent. Breakfast was horrible. Order room service you will be much happier.(one day I ordered a turkey sandwich) I liked the Blue Iguana Tacos, everyone is in line for the burritos, but if you go to the other side there are Tacos. Guys was good. The cucina was not great. Better than the Lido.

Ports of call-

Loved Grand Turk, did a beach day at Jack's Shack and rented and umbrella for $10.00 only 1 other family was there.

Jamaica- eat breakfast early on this day or like I said order room service. The lines on the Lido were horrendous until 11:30. We did Dunn's River and Eire Blue Hole through Courtney Taylor Tours . Great tour! Around $45.00 a person plus tip.

Nasseau- just walked around. If you like fresh fish walk down to Arawak and there are a bunch of local restaurants.

Overall the Breeze is an improvement for Carnival. It still felt the same in many ways, (same mdr menu, breakfast quality, small swimming pools). And I don't understand why everything has to be so loud it is almost distorted. We didn't like the Lido because it was just loud all the time! Butch the cruise director had a great personality.

We had an Aft Balcony on deck 9. We could hear the Tides Pool deck chairs above us from 7 AM on all day. If you are looking for quiet this is not the place for you. We did smell the sewage smell in the hallway, but not strong or for very long. Less

Read more Carnival Breeze cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Breeze Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Breeze 9479

Nice cabin, nice to have a bigger balcony. Noise from the Tides Pool above was loud from 7 am on.

It was an easy walk down the beach. We walked to Jack's Shack and sat on the beach. Paid $10.00 for an umbrella and chairs. Only 1 other family. Nice clean beach. Bring inflatable water toys from home.

Walked along the beach and through storefronts. Nice craft market.

Read 2631 Nassau Reviews