Golden Princess Cruise Review by cb205: Would do it again

Sail Date: July 2013
Destination: Alaska
Embarkation: Seattle

July 14, 2013
This is my husbands and my first cruise. It was for my retirement and what a way to start a new chapter in life!!.
We sailed round trip from Seattle.
Arrived in Seattle Saturday, July 13th, which gave us time to settle down before the cruise. (we traveled by Amtrak from Rochester, NY to Seattle in 3.5 days)
Never being on a previous cruise, I don't have anything to compare it to, but being on the Golden Princess was to me pure luxury.
You are waited on in every eating area of the ship. The food was delicious in all the restaurants. If you drink a lot of soda or coffee, it is worth paying one price for all the soda or coffee all week.
There were may activities on the ship, and the show we went to, British Invasion, was excellent. Everyone that worked on the ship went out-of-their way to please you.
We did not book excursions through Princess, but through private excursion companies. They were less expensive and still very enjoyable. More The excursions meet you right at the docks.
Boarding and Disembarkation went very well also. I am just amazed how everything is so organized. We paid for the EZ luggage service, which sends your luggage from your room on the ship to your home airport. That made less worry.
We would definitely sail on the Princess Cruise Line again. Less

Read more Golden Princess cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Golden Princess Review >>

Cabin review: Golden Princess Oceanview Double with Balcony Emerald Deck A226

A226 is a balcony cabin. The bedroom was with a queen bed and enough room for 2 people comfortably. Beds were comfortable. Bathroom and shower area was also roomy for one at a time. Shower pressure was good, much to my surprise on a ship. We were very impressed. Our cabin attendent, Elmer, was wonderful. Very friendly, helpful and straightened the room twice a day.