Carnival Sensation Cruise Review by hollykinga: Okay for first time cruise

Public Rooms Not Rated
Service Not Rated
Value for Money Not Rated

Compare Prices on Carnival Sensation Bahamas Cruises

Okay for first time cruise

Sail Date: June 2013
Destination: Bahamas
Embarkation: Port Canaveral

This was my second cruise and the first cruise for my husband and two children. We got a great price so for what we got, it was a good cruise. But you get what you pay for, so if you are looking for an awesome cruise, this is not the ship to take.
If your primary goal in cruising is to drink and play the casinos, this doesn't disappoint. It is also great as an introductory to cruising However as a 'family' cruise, it's a bit disappointing.
As with any cruise, there is a pool and jacuzzis. They were always full...when available. The pool had to be drained not one, not two, but three times during our trip due to someone using it as their personal restroom. Not sure if it was a kid with diarrhea or a drunk who thought it was funny, but six hours of our only 'day at sea' was without a pool. Other than the pool area, there was a miniature golf that a family could enjoy. There was also some water slides and a splash zone for the kids as well as a tiny arcade.
Other More than these activities, the cruise isn't kid friendly. They do have 'camp carnival' for kids which could be good if you are just looking for a babysitter while you partake in adult only activities. My kids tried the camps and were bored after 30 minutes. There is really no shows or anything for a family to enjoy together. The only show that appealed to my kids was the magic show, which instead of being held on stage was cramped into the 'oak room'. When we went all of the people who wanted to attend could not even get into the room, then when the 'magician' showed up it was simply a bunch of card tricks...which you couldn't see anyway because it was standing room only. We ended up leaving disappointed. There was a 'game show' that we all found to be okay, and we went to see the comedian who told a few jokes that I wouldn't have considered 'family friendly' as the show was advertised to be. The library had board games, and my family resorted to trying some board games one day after having become bored with the other offerings, and found the library locked. We were told we could get someone to 'unlock' the library, but really , most people don't want to have to bother someone to leave their station and unlock a room so they can play a board game!
The beds were comfortable and the room was quiet. The only real complaint I had was that they were doing maintenance on the boat in Freeport Harbor, and they had a guy painting with one hand and washing windows with a wand with the other, right above the door where you reentered the boat. Everyone in line was complaining because the paint was strong and we worried that the moisture we felt hitting our skin might not be the water...but the paint.
Again, it was an inexpensive cruise and good for beginners or couples, but five nights is more than enough. I'd have been good with a shorter cruise on this particular ship....I'd suggest a three night cruise. Less

Read more Carnival Sensation cruise reviews >>