Norwegian Dawn Cruise Review by 158kynan

Embarkation: Boston
Destination: Bermuda
Cabin Category: BA

Quick getaway
So I am late 40s as is my wife. Decided to surprise her on the front end of a two week vacation. Booked a trip out of Boston to Bermuda on Wed June 19 and left on Friday the 21st. We live in Ct,first time out of Boston. Have cruised out of NYC 2x. Boston far and away beets NYC, easy in and out, parking one half the cost, disembarkation , carry off was seamless and fast.

Typing this on my tablet so will be brief. The ship was just ok. Our room on floor 9 was convienent, clean, service was good, and for most part not noisy. No complaints; we are not the type of people who go through life complaining about soap and such....I really don't get those sorts...

The ship layout out was confusing. Our chief point of dissatisfaction was no quiet pool at the back of the boat. Have always liked hanging out there on other ships, for the life of me I dont know why the boat skipped on this. There was an opportunity to use the spa for 160pp but thats hard to justify with the long stay in bermuda. The pool in there looks cozy, again weird layout as lounging area is behind windows???

The gym was great, nice precor cardio late model machines, used for an hour most days, no wait at peak periods.

Bermuda was nice. Seas were dead flat. Not many deals, we did the ferry/bus pass. Horseshoe bay, church bay (very good snorkeling out on the right), and the snorkel beach right across from the port( go through the breakwall on the left).

The comedian was great, think he has changed over since. The shows were for the most part good, caught most of them and usually I could take them or leave them.

The pool bands reggae and moreover "be free" were beyond awful....I mean really bad...and repetitive day in and out. Had to use the trusty Ipod.

We left our 17 and 20 year old sons at home. There were some really drunk kids, especially in the karaoke bar. It was annoying, and actually kind of disgraceful on the parents part...like spilling beer and wearing buckets on their head stupid..with the parents around and saying nothing. It would be good if someone at least attempted to act as a parent instead of best bud for their kid. Drunk teens were a more common sight than drunk adults, my wife actually saw a fist fight and blood letting at the pool bar. Another time at the blue lagoon for lunch we had the pleasure of listening to a 14/15 yr old loudly converse on the benefits of smoking blunts and really, how its best to combine with being drunk, how thats the best of both worlds as it really levels him out and helps with his "anxiety". I was wondering where his parent was...I would be anxious if I was them....my buffalo wings were good though.

We didnt gamble, as we have the casinos right near us at home.

The service overall was decent. Food at the buffet was good. Same with main dining rooms. One fish creole that stunk, the rest, pretty good. Only negative was tended to be repetitive for apps, but I liked them so no overall complaint.

We got this cruise on the cheap, and it was overall a nice relaxing time. Independent of the ship, I usually get antsy after 4 nights and was the case this time as well. I wouldnt hesitate taking my boys on a repeat trip if only the boat had that pool at the stern; that singular issue will keep us from rebooking.

Publication Date: 07/29/13