Eurodam Cruise Review by migvella

Cruise Date: July 2013
Embarkation: Copenhagen
Destination: Baltic & Northern Europe
Cabin Category: NN
See More About: Eurodam Cruise Reviews | Baltic & Northern Europe Cruise Reviews | Holland America Cruise Deals
Member Rating   5+ out of 5+
Dining 5+
        10-12 5+
        13-15 5+
        16+ 5+
Value-for-Money 5+
Rates 5+

Ship Facts: Eurodam Review (by Cruise Critic!) | Eurodam Deck Plans
Best cruise I've ever been to.
I have been on 4 cruises. None of them where as good as Eurodam. For starters, the food was excellent with several restaurants. Personally, I think that it's not worth it to go to any of the pay to go restaurants since there is such a wide variety at the free restaurants. There are also many 'bonus' buffets. There was a cheese buffet, Swedish buffet and German buffet! The food was made by world class chefs and was excellent. The waiters were very kind and patient.

The cruise was beautiful, however nothing special. Same as all other cruises.

A lot of entertainment was available on the ship and there was always something to do on board.

Our cabin was very nice and was cleaned three times a day. Every night, expect to find a folded animal towel! Never had any problems with the cleaning staff.

Fitness and spa are constantly available but the spa and many gym activities are NOT free!

I personally hate taking excursions and when we arrived in Russia, I realised exactly why. We were taken to souvenir shops THREE TIMES. It was unbearable since there was so much to see and we were stuck in souvenir shops.

My only complaint would be that the crew is over worked. I was horrified to here that waiters and cleaners, which are from Indonesia, work all day and get very little sleep. To make matters worse, they have to work for about 10 months on end before leaving the ship for 1 or 2 months! And they don't even get paid those 2 months.

Overall, I think that Eurodam is a fantastic ship, perfect for anyone, whether you are travelling on your own or with a family. Very expensive. We were lucky to find an offer. But with the excellent service and food, it's worth it!

Publication Date: 07/29/13