Golden Princess Cruise Review by PCHS82: Great Weather on the Golden Princess

Great Weather on the Golden Princess

Sail Date: July 2013
Destination: Alaska
Embarkation: Seattle

We flew to Seattle on Saturday, July 13. We purchased the Princess transfer package and stayed at the Double Tree hotel that night. The staff at the hotel was very helpful and arranged a taxi and info for us to sightsee and enjoy dinner that night. The next morning we were taken to the ship by a pleasant, informative driver that pointed out points of interest along the way. Embarkment went as smoothly as possible while loading thousands of people young and old on to the ship. This was the only time I felt that I was in a huge crowd. My husband and I were amazed by the open feeling on the ship after seeing all the people boarding. Even the Horizon Court, where lunch was served on embarkment day didn't have a horrible line. Once on the ship on Sunday we went to our room and left our backpacks and then toured the ship. I was amazed had how well our cabin was laid out. We were on deck 10, cabin c504. I t was setup with a queen bed and upper berth for our 14 year old daughter. The More only complaint was the upper berth's mattress was too hard so we asked our cabin steward for a topper. This solved that problem. There was plenty storage space for hanging our clothes and a cabinet with several shelves for other items. There was the bathroom dressing area and a mirror over the desk area with a blow dryer so we were not on top of each other while dressing. We chose anytime dinning so we would have flexibility. We ate at Bernini's 3 of the nights on board and enjoyed each meal although some were better than others. (Lobster tails & Prawns was our favorite.) The Horizon Court was adequate with some items being better than other. I enjoyed the fresh fruit that was on every buffet. We also enjoyed the hamburgers and hot dogs that were grilled fresh on deck 14. The first day on the ship we purchased a soda package that more than paid for itself. ( i.e. we could all use it) The production shows that we saw had 4 wonderful lead singers that had beautiful voices. ( I took the tour of the Princess Theater on the last day at sea and found it very informative.)

The Naturalist Kathy Slamp give wonderful lectures on the area and even if you miss one of them you could catch them on TV in your cabin. My husband went to a lecture by some of the ship officers and loved it since he loves boats of all sizes. There was so much to do and not enough time to do it.

We went on 4 excursions and enjoyed everyone. The weather was sunny and pleasant(70-low 80s daily)

Disembarkment was clearly detailed in a newsletter left the day before. We placed our luggage with the colored tags outside our cabin before dinner Saturday evening. Sunday morning we gathered in the Vista Lounge and waited for our color group to be called. We then left the ship and quickly found our bags, proceeded through customs and on to the transfer bus to the airport. Less

Read more Golden Princess cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Golden Princess Review >>

Cabin review: Golden Princess c504

Our cabin layout was great with plenty of storage space. The balcony added to the space making it feel much larger.

The day we arrived in seattle before the cruise we visited the spaceneedle

Read 103 Seattle Reviews