Celebrity Reflection Cruise Review by Katkev: Cruise of a Lifetime

Cruise of a Lifetime

Sail Date: June 2013
Destination: Europe - Eastern Mediterranean
Embarkation: Other

thought that this was unatainable. I did the research on shore excursions so that I could do the sightseeing on my own terms and not have to keep up with the cruiseline excursions. The end result was a trip that was wonderful and exhausting but well worth it. The ports of Sicily, Santorini and Rhodes were beautiful. .
The Reflection is a beautiful ship. Our room had a balcony and was spacious.
The food in the main dining room was superb as was the service. We didn't want to eat in any of the speciality restaurants because every night we had something special to look forward to. The desserts on Cafe 5 were spectacular so we decided to forgo the dining room desserts and have ours watching the sunsets each night.
We did not go to the shows but preferred to listen to the music in the differenct venues, there was plenty of variety.
The only negative to this cruise was that there were many children on this cruise that were out of control. Although it was clearly More stated that no one under 16 was allowed in the hot tubs, parents allowed their very young(2-6 yrs old)use it as a pool. I think the cruise line personnel could have enforced that rule and allow more adults to use the hot tubs.
Overall I would love to sail on the Reflection again. Less

Read more Celebrity Reflection cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Celebrity Reflection Review >>

Cabin review: Celebrity Reflection 6180

We had room 6180 which had a balcony with an "ubstructed" view. This meant that we saw the top of the life boats that were below us. Getting up every morning and see the port was exhilerating.The bathrooms in our room were great. My husband and I are large individuals and some ship's bathrooms we barely fit in. The design of these bathrooms was wonderful. The shower had semicircular doors and a crossbar to place your foot for balancing when showering. This may seem like a small amenity but when you have trouble standing it was a majoy delight. There was plenty of storage space for all of our clothes and accessories

Going to the Acropolis, which we did on our own, was an adventure in that I was determined to make it up there. I read online about handicap accessibility and I was able to make the scary elevator ride up and down. It was well worth the experience of being in one of the oldest places on earth.
We got a taxi directly from the terminal, you need to negotiate the price because they want you to take them for the whole day. We just wanted to go to the Acropolis it cost us 20 euros.
We then took a taxi to the PLaka for lunch and shopping very nice place to do both.