Majesty of the Seas Cruise Review by Forensicmom: Majesty of the Seas in July-Cabin 3577

Forensicmom
Member Since 2008

Compare Prices on Majesty of the Seas Bahamas Cruises

Majesty of the Seas in July-Cabin 3577

Sail Date: July 2013
Destination: Bahamas

We arrived in Miami on Friday July 15, 2013 and went straight to the ship. That was a smooth process and we were on the ship eating lunch at Windjammers by 12:30. We checked out the ship and our rooms (3577 and 3578) we ready after lunch. This was my first inside cabin and I have to admit, it was REALLY small, especially with 3 people (two teenage daughters and I). We were constantly tripping over each other and our things. Thankfully, I was able to store all of the suitcases under the beds, so at least most of the floor was clear.

We went out on deck to watch us sail off from Miami and then went to dinner at 6:30. The food during the entire cruise was amazing. We ate in the Moonlight dining room every night at 6:30. We ate in the Starlight dining room for breakfast. Our server for Dinner was Javier and Anthony. Both were great and my daughters felt really special when they greeted them by name every night. The magic tricks that Javier shows my girls were also a More treat.

We woke up all excited to see Nassau and to go to the Sheraton (All day beach pass), however Mother Nature had other plans. We had heavy rain and thunderstorms ALL day. So, we stayed on the ship until we finally decided to go to Atlantis for the Aquarium. That place was packed. We were back on the ship a few hours later. Not much to do because of the weather. After dinner we went to the theater for the show. The comedian was hysterical.

We had high hopes for the second day in Coco Cay, however it was also raining. Finally the rain slowed by 11:30 and we headed onto shore. Coco Cay was very nice and we got to see stingrays and lemon sharks in the water near us. We hung out on the beach and had the BBQ lunch. Sorry, but this was the worst meal of our trip (dry hamburgers, cold sides). They only had one food station open and it was VERY crowded. We then headed back to the ship to get ready for "Formal Night". We really enjoyed dressing up (ok, at least my 3 daughters and I did) but were a little shocked to see some people in shorts and tank tops in the dining room. It kind of took away from the "formal" part. We went to the theater again for the show. This time was dancing and singing 70's style. Good show.

Our last day was in Key West. The weather started out good but started raining again around lunchtime. We took the Conch Train and we were all bored. We finally got off and did a little shopping and ate lunch at Sloppy Joes. Neat town but not much for kids.

It was our last night on the ship and we tried to make the best of it since the weather was a real downer, so around 10:30, we took our daughters (ages 8, 12, 14) back to the cabin for bed and my hubby and I went to the adult comedy show in the theater. This was the first time we left them alone in the cabin but hubby and I enjoyed the show. Not sure why there were so many kids at the show at 11:15 at night when the show said "Adult" show???

***** When we returned back to the cabin I found out that my daughter had to call security after hearing yelling, screaming and glass breaking in the hallway. There were over 300 15 year old girls from Argentina on our floor and the entire trip they ran up and down the hallways, stairs, elevators, etc yelling, banging on doors, singing songs and cheers. One evening I walked out of my cabin to find 3 of them humping each other on the floor and laughing hysterical. When I asked them where their chaperones were they pretended to not speak English. We only saw about 5 chaperones for the entire group. After talking to a cruise personnel, we found out that this group books EVERY cruise on the Majesty of the Seas during the month of July to celebrate their Quinceaneras.

Overall the cruise was nice, despite the weather and the loud, rude and obnoxious teenagers. However, I am surprised that Royal Caribbean does not put a stop to this behavior. We would cruise again with Royal Caribbean but definitely not on this ship in July. Less

Read more Majesty of the Seas cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Majesty of the Seas Review >>

Cabin review: Majesty of the Seas Interior Stateroom Deck 3 3577

Everything about this cabin was tiny for 3 people. It might be OK for 1 or 2 people. The closet was small and the ladder for the pull down bed was in the way. Also, this is right behind the elevator and stairs. Surprisingly, the elevator wasn't a problem but we heard everyone running up and down the stairs all night long. Also, the fan in the bathroom ran constantly and the shower bubbled up into the drain on several occasions.

CoCo Cay was pretty and a nice place to relax. The weather was still bad (rained in the am, clouds all afternoon) but I bet it's amazing when the sun is shining. It's a neat place to explore.

Read 219 CocoCay Reviews

We only took a quick trip to Atlantis because the weather was so bad (rain/storms). Nassau is a dirty city. Atlantis is really nice but VERY VERY Crowded. It's also way over priced.

Read 2609 Nassau Reviews