Disney Fantasy Cruise Review by Cedricandsophie

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Disney Fantasy Cruise Review by Cedricandsophie
Disney Fantasy
Disney Fantasy
Member Name: Cedricandsophie
Cruise Date: July 2013
Embarkation: Port Canaveral
Cabin Category: 6
See More About: Disney Fantasy Cruise Reviews | Western Caribbean Cruise Reviews | Disney Cruise Deals
Member Rating   5+ out of 5+
Dining 5+
Public Rooms 5+
Entertainment 5+
Spa & Fitness 5+
        13-15 5+
        16+ 5+

The Fantasy is fantastic
Our family of six recently returned from a 7 night cruise on the Fantasy. This was our 10th Disney cruise. We have done the Wonder and Magic in Alaska, Mexico, Europe, Caribbean, the Baltic, etc. we wanted to try the new ship. We had 2 adults, two grandchildren, ages 16 and 11 and my disabled daughter and her best friend, both in their 20s. We had two cabins with connecting doors on 6 floor. The kids all ended up sleeping on be room and my husband and I had the other one, although our grandson kept his clothes in our cabin.

We fell in love with the ship immediately. My grand daughter loved the teen area with its own pool and my grandson liked the Tween area, although he hung out with my daughter and her friend a lot. The Aquaduck was awesome. My husband and I went on it 6 or 7 times let alone what the kids did. The adult pool areas, three levels, was fabulous. And the inside adult bars were incredible, especially the Ooh La La room.

The shows were all new for us and were great. The Lone Ranger was shown several times as was monsters university among other great Disney movies. Oftentimes we wouldn't see any of the kids all day and meet up for the shows and then our late dinner. All of the restaurants were terrific. We ate most lunches at the grill or fruit and wrap place on deck. And I utilized the Cove Cafe for coffee every morning. We also used the fitness center every day which was very nice and I took a boot camp class every morning which was excellent.

The ship stopped at St Maarten but we didn't even get off, just treated it like another sea day. At St Thomas, we took the ferry over to St John and went snorkeling. At Castaway Cay, I got off with my granddaughter who did the 5 K race and snagged my favorite place for chairs. My husband and grandson snorkel there for hours.

While we love the Disney ships, until the Fantasy we never figured we would ever want to go on one without kids, this is the ship that we could go without kids.

The service on the ship was excellent, at all levels. We were on a Celebrity ship last year for a Turner Classic Movie cruise and the difference in the attitude of the staff on that ship compared to Disney is remarkable. Hard to know ow they get such good reviews with the surliness and unfriendliness of the Celebrity crew.

We have already signed up for a cruise through the Greek islands on Disney next year, either the Magic or the Wonder. And we are going on the Magic for the TCM cruise in December. It will be interesting too see how Disney handles an almost all adult specialty cruise. But we have decided Fantasy is our favorite and we will definitely be back.

Publication Date: 07/26/13