“Fabulous First-Timer Experience”

Member Since 2013
No Forum Posts
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating
I'm really surprised at some of the critical reviews about the Pearl's staff, service and cuisine. I just returned from my first cruise, after resisting taking one for years. My teen daughters and husband have all been interested in a cruise vacation, and I've always wanted to see Alaska, so when we received an email from Sun Country offering amazing deals I decided to go ahead give it a try. I am so glad that I did. While I could write paragraphs about the amazing sights we saw in Alaska, one of the biggest surprises was how lovely the ship and staff were. We were all so impressed with how gracious each and every staff member was - from our steward, to the restaurant staff to the various game/show hosts. Without exception, our needs were met with warmth and charm. I also can't relate to the criticism some have expressed over the quality of the ship's cuisine. We appreciated the wide variety of restaurants on the ship. In particular, we absolutely loved the Indigo restaurant. Not only were all of our meals delicious, but our waiting staff was wonderful, every night. Last, but certainly not least, when we boarded the ship we discovered that, because of open availability, the NCL had taken it upon themselves to upgrade our room to from an interior one to one with a large window! It was such a thoughtful gesture which had such a positive impact on our cruise experience. I expected to be delighted by the amazing sights in Alaska, but I did not expect to be so delighted by my experience on my cruise ship. I highly recommend both the ship and the staff of the Norwegian Pearl.
Norwegian Pearl Cruises to Alaska

No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s Norwegian Pearl Review
Norwegian Pearl Cruises to Alaska
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?