Disney Dream Cruise Review by AlohaRT: Can't wait to go again!

AlohaRT
Member Since 2013

Compare Prices on Disney Dream Bahamas Cruises

Can't wait to go again!

Sail Date: July 2013
Destination: Bahamas
Embarkation: Port Canaveral

We did a 3-day Bahamas cruise (July 11-14, 2013) and loved the whole experience. I had cruised to Alaska once before, many years ago, but this was first cruise for my wife and tween son. We stayed in stateroom 7512 (8c) and were very impressed with the cabin and the design. We never felt cramped and really were impressed with the design of the room. We had more storage in that cabin then we did in the hotel we stayed at in Orlando after the cruise. While it was a forward cabin, movement was hardly detected and we loved the window seat in the giant porthole.

My son pretty much hung with us for the 3 days, so he didn't experience the Edge lounge. We also didn't go to the Adult only areas or activities much, but we spent some real quality time together as a family. The entertainment on board was really good. The deck shows and parties were very "disney", but still enjoyable. The evening shows in the Walt Disney Theater were great. The Golden Mickeys and Believe were More outstanding. The Villains show was okay, but I wouldn't bother seeing it again. The pirate party and fireworks that night were really fun.

We didn't go out of our way to do any of the character interactions, but did get photos with Mickey and Donald. The staff were outstanding and we really enjoyed interacting with all of them, especially Esther our cabin hostess and Nova and Eljoy, our servers in the dining rooms. The food was surprisingly good in all of the restaurants- not the best I've ever had, but very good. While my son is not at all picky, he enjoyed the food just as much as my wife and I.

Our only problems were with the crowds. The cruise was full and the pools were too small for the large crowds. Also, there aren't enough elevators on board to handle that many passengers, especially after a show was over or around meal times.

Nassau was okay. It was our first visit to the Bahamas and the city was decorated for the 40th Anniversary of independence. We felt safe in Nassau and walked through the town for at least a mile after our bus tour. Castaway Cay was awesome. We did the parasail tour and my son and I went snorkeling. The BBQ on the island was great and we all enjoyed the ribs. Less

Read more Disney Dream cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Disney Dream Review >>

Cabin review: Disney Dream Deluxe Family Oceanview Stateroom Deck 7 7512

A model of efficient design. We never felt cramped and found it to be very quiet and were never really bothered by movement. We really liked the window seat in the porthole window and didn't feel like we missed having a balcony. The cabin hostess was amazing and went out of her way to make us feel comfortable.

We had a great day at Castaway Cay. Slept in and had breakfast at the buffet then spent some time in the pool and on Aquaduck. We spent a little time at the beach before going to Marge's Barges for the parasail trip. My wife and I had done parasailing before in Hawaii, but my son didn't know what to expect- the staff were great and because we were a party of 3, my son got to go twice. He loved it!

We ate at Cookies BBQ for lunch and were very happy with our lunch. Then we hit the beach for a few hours. My son and I went snorkeling and my wife just got to chill before going swimming. It was just a laid-back, fun day.