Enchantment of the Seas Cruise Review by sasysutler

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Enchantment of the Seas Cruise Review by sasysutler
Enchantment of the Seas
Enchantment of the Seas
Member Name: sasysutler
Cruise Date: July 2013
Embarkation: Port Canaveral
Destination: Bahamas
Cabin Category: K
See More About: Enchantment of the Seas Cruise Reviews | Bahamas Cruise Reviews | Royal Caribbean Cruise Deals
Member Rating   5+ out of 5+
Public Rooms 5+
Entertainment 5+

A Surprise Birthday Cruise
I found out on Wednesday that my dear hubby bought me a cruise for my birthday. Yep we were to leave in 2 days! Can I pack that fast?? Yep! We left on Friday and headed to drop off mom, and then spend the night in Lakeland, Fl. The next morning we arrived at the port at 10:30, went through security and was on the ship at 11:00. due to my hubby's medical we were able to drop off our luggage in the room and head to the Windjammer. Ate a little lunch and laid poolside until time for muster. I will say I am NOT a fan of this, but it is so important. I could not believe the number of people complaining. It was about 30 minutes long as they kept repeating room numbers till everyone was there.

Back up on deck for sail away and more pool time. I will say.. there were 600 kids on board and you saw everyone of them, and I'm sorry, but parents need to watch their kids. I was so afraid someone was going to get hurt either running, or jumping into the pool, right near the edge. They do have 2 freestyle machines on board.. one on deck 6 and one on deck 9. Lines were really long.

There was one show tonight at 7:45 with the welcome aboard show and a few minutes with a comedienne. There was also a silent party at 11:30.

Day 2. Nassau

1we arrived in Nassau at 11:00am to a light rain. Due to the rain, there were plenty of kids in the solarium and not a lot of happy adults. By the afternoon, they were finally enforcing the rules, By the time we had an hour in town, the sun had come out and was a beautiful day. I always say I'm not getting off the ship, but had an agenda in mind to find "Sea Glass" So we walked about 10 minutes to Junkanoo beach and found quite a bit. Then it was off to Senor Frogs, Hard rock, and Tortuga rum factory, where I was presented with a free cake for my birthday. Back to the ship by 3pm, and more pool time.

Formal night tonight. .More like casual night. Tonight was the Captain's party in the Centrum, then the 70's party. The show was an illustionist and his wife. Pool part tonight at 11:00. Sail away at midnight.

Day 3. Coco Cay.

Beuatiful day, lots of sunshine. They are expanding this island so there are many more cabanas than ever before, but we never saw anyone using them. Spent most the day in the water watching the beautiful fish, saw a stingray and plenty of iguanas. Walked the nature trail. Found the fake Blackbeards tombstone. The BBQ was food as always. Hammock time, and then back to the ship for more pool time. Tonight's show was the farewell show with "From Stage to

Screen", and then all the staff farewell. Then it was Jimmy Carroll, the comedian for adult comedy, and then the quest.

We spent every night before dinner at the Diamond lounge. Don't try to even take your drink out.. they will stop you!

Now for everything else.. food was good.. No lobster or prime rib on a 3 night, BUT you could pay the premium price for lobster. Our table was 55, upstairs all the way in the back by the galley. We had a table for 20. Windjammer was good also.. no change from all the other times!

Our room was a large interior near the elevators, but very quiet! Only problem we had was a toilet that never wanted to flush. Seems there was a problem a deck below us, that was causing a problem.

Disembarkation was a breeze as we did self disembark and was off the ship at 7:30. We left Port Canaveral at 8am, and was home by 10:15.

Publication Date: 07/26/13
Read the Bahamas ports review by sasysutler
More Enchantment of the Seas Cruise Reviews