Norwegian Sky Cruise Review by champagnegoddess: smooth sailing

Compare Prices on Norwegian Sky Bahamas Cruises

smooth sailing

Sail Date: July 2013
Destination: Bahamas

Had a great time! Great value for the money.
Did my research on THIS site before we went & I got some great tips!
If you need anything, call the cruise lines phone number & they are super helpful!
Tips I used from other cruisers:
~the french specialty dining~great!
~have room attendant remove all from mini fridge (we did to make room for my champagne)
~you can bring as many bottles of champagne & wine on as you want. $15.00 corking fee per bottle, but still less than a bottle on ship (even though we bought a few of those)we flew in to Miami & had cab driver stop to buy some. Showed it at check in point for boarding, they noted & tagged.
~you can take it anywhere on ship~give to your server & drink at dinner
~also pre-purchase bottle of vodka for room

our room was in a great location! yes, right by elevators, but just went up stairs & was in buffet (no noisy night club above us) & then pool & hot tubs right there.

and at buffet~my More favorite was there: eggs Benedict

did not think Vegas show was gonna be anything I would like, but group of friends we met, we went with & it was great!

Atlantis~super fun! So want to go there again! We just got off ship & took a $4.00pp taxi ride & bought tickets for park there.
Stirup cay: really fun too! loved the big raft. Food was really good too.
the weather wasn't the best the whole trip, but the company & activities were alot of fun. Less

Read more Norwegian Sky cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Norwegian Sky Review >>

Cabin review: Norwegian Sky Balcony Stateroom Norway Deck 0253

0253: again, great location quiet nice balcony plenty of room in closets & I always over pack! I think for my 4 night cruise I brought 8 pairs of shoes! But, again, I am an "over packer" and I had plenty of room. 2 good points to remember...... suitcases can be stored under bed and I saw someone said in another post the water did not get hot. Well, I thought that too until I figured out, it's opposite of what you are used to H vs C.