Carnival Sunshine Cruise Review by brendacruise: Fantastic

Fantastic

Sail Date: July 2013
Destination: Europe - Eastern Mediterranean
Embarkation: Barcelona

My daughter and I flew into Paris for two days and took overnight train ( not recommended) to Barcelona for one more night. Stayed at an excellent bed and breakfast.

Embark was excellent. Got there at 1150, on ship by 12:30. Went to buffet and thought food was good. One negative was we did not get our luggage till after 6 pm so went to dinner in sports shorts, lol. Dinner seating was 6 pm. We loved our dinners and wait staff was excellent. Not long waits for dinner, always served promptly.

Room was inside, seventh deck, excellent. Spacious and beds were comfortable. Room staff was amazing. Towel animals nightly with chocolates.

Get your deck chairs early on sea days as decks are ridiculously full. Serenity area is full up before 6 am, ridiculous. Regular deck, get there by 945 am,

Drinks were good. Guys burgers was great- never had lines. Buffet never had lines either.desserts in buffet were average to below average. Kind of repetitive too. More

Ports were amazing. Definitely go to Taormina and positano if possible.I have to say theses are two of my favorite European towns for sure!

Shows were really good as well one night not so good but all the others were quite good.

Disembark, so smooth. Did our own at 8 and walked right off with no waiting for elevators. They did not start calling till around 7 am which was odd because the sheet had said first disembark was 545-6 am. I assumed the calls would start at 530 am.

Overall, it was great. I really wish carnival would stay in Europe next year as it makes it affordable to cruise there.

I saw a few issues the ship needs to fix still but nothing that would affect the quality of this wonderful cruise. Less

Read more Carnival Sunshine cruise reviews >>