Norwegian Breakaway Cruise Review by jfinkmd: Much Better Than Expected

Compare Prices on Norwegian Breakaway Bermuda Cruises

Much Better Than Expected

Sail Date: July 2013
Destination: Bermuda
Embarkation: New York (Manhattan)

I read the prior reviews and was prepared for mediocrity. I agree with previous reviews: 1) the rooms are comfortable but a little on the small side, fellow guests reserve chairs all day and the pools are on the small side. Other than that, I give Norwegian a 10/10. Rock of Ages was an amazing show and wished we would have seen it twice.

Traveled with wife and 2 boys, age 10 and 6. There was so much to do that we never needed one of those scarce chairs by the pools.

Highlights from my kids point of view:

1) Ropes course

2) Splash Academy (esp in the evening, we did not mind at all)

3) The food (esp the Garden café, we preferred Taste)

4) Having their own adjoining room

10) Room service

11) Desert

12) Splash pool party

13) Giant television in More the Atrium

we did not eat in any specialty restaurants and found the complimentary venues excellent. Never a wait and the service was terrific. No complaints about the buffet and loved the Irish pub (great chicken wings 24/7) as well as the hot dog carts.

My advice for Bermuda. Skip horseshoe bay beach (unless you like crowds) and go 1/2 mile further and hit Warwick Long Bay Beach. No crowds and amazing beach.

Overall, could not have been more pleased with Norwegian. Yes, there are 4000 guests but with some many activities and such a large ship, we almost never felt crowded. Less

Read more Norwegian Breakaway cruise reviews >>