Majesty of the Seas Cruise Review by VacationsRule: One very long week......

Majesty of the Seas 2
Member Since 2013
0 Forum Posts

Compare Prices on Majesty of the Seas Bahamas Cruises

One very long week......

Sail Date: July 2013
Destination: Bahamas

My family and I decided to take a cruise to celebrate our children's graduation from high school before they went off to college. My family had previously sailed on the Disney Dream in 2011 and new that this would be different but expected it to have some of the same qualities we loved about the Disney cruise in this cruise, boy were we wrong!

First off, lets start off with the food. Ick! The place to eat on the Majesty for breakfast and lunch was the Windjammer Cafe. Crowded, and cold food. Not just once, but every time we ate there. Everything, was cold, the carving station, the eggs, pancakes, toast, all cold! The dining room was not much better, I ordered a salad with steak and the steak was cold. Not sure if that was the intent. The french onion soup tasted like dishwater. My family are not snobs or gourmet diners. We are an average family that eats and chains and normal restaurants and out standards are not that high!

Second, the spend billions of dollar More updating this ship yet the pool towels are worn and threadbare and the blanket on my daughters bed had holes in it. Seriously, could they not afford new towels and blankets. Every time you wanted a pool towel, you had to show your room key and made sure you returned it or they would charge you $25.00. And believe me, it was not worth $25.00 and what a hassle. The day we stopped at the private island, you were expected to bring towels from the ship to the island.

Third, the staff. Some of the staff was great, such as the waiters in main dining room.(Not their fault, food stunk). However, a lot of them need to rethink their career options. Most of the staff do not seem very happy. A lot of them don't smile and act like do not want to be there. This is where Disney, blows them away. You can not find one member on the Disney Cruise who acts miserable, in fact my daughter was calling all the staff on the Majesty, Eeyores. :( Our stateroom staff was very nice, however, they could not turn down our beds or pull down our daughter's bed for us. Sounds, dumb, but we are on vacation and just for a few days want to be treated well.

All and all a very disappointing week on the Majesty. Thanks Disney for setting our expectations so high...... Less

Published 07/24/13