Carnival Sunshine Cruise Review by UrsulaE1: Sunshine is a star !

UrsulaE1
Member Since 2007

Entertainment Not Rated

Compare Prices on Carnival Sunshine Europe - Western Mediterranean Cruises

Sunshine is a star !

Sail Date: July 2013
Destination: Europe - Western Mediterranean
Embarkation: Barcelona

We just returned from a 12 day Mediterranean cruise on the Carnival Sunshine . We had sailed on the old Destiny before , so I was really curious about all the changes .

First of all , she’s beautiful , but she always was , just a little tired . Service was as good as ever , so was the food . If you have never tried the “Warm Chocolate Melting Cake “ you really haven’t lived ! I had it again the last night before departure , it’s addictive !

I had read that there were cabins added and couldn’t quite imagine where they were put , it became obvious when we went to the theatre , which is now the Liquid Lounge and much smaller . We kinda missed the lavish shows a little , but I guess there’s more money in more passengers .

Anyway , the staff worked their behinds off to make everyone happy , and overall I have no complaints . The one thing I had a problem with is the air conditioning . When we set foot in our cabin for the More first time it was like a walk-in freezer . I quickly discovered that all you can do is regulate air flow , not temperature . Thankfully someone must have done something , and it improved on Day 3 .

The itinerary was a dream for people who love sightseeing . 12 days of cruising and only 3 at-sea days . I came away with more video I ever shot in my life , it was worth every penny , and the shore excursions are always expensive . They are well organized though , so I don’t mind spending the money . Less

Read more Carnival Sunshine cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Sunshine Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Sunshine 8328

Great corner location , huge balcony .

We embarked here , but visited on a previous cruise . Hightly recommended , the town is stunning . The crazy Gaudi cathedral is a must-see !

Pretty , but not much to see .

We were here before and really loved the views from the top of the mountains . Didn't like the town itself so much , it's like everyone is parading their wealth .

Read 192 Monaco Reviews