Carnival Sunshine Cruise Review by UrsulaE1

Member Name: UrsulaE1
Cruise Date: July 2013
Embarkation: Barcelona
Destination: Western Mediterranean
See More About: Carnival Sunshine Cruise Reviews | Western Mediterranean Cruise Reviews | Carnival Cruise Deals
Dining 5+
Entertainment Not Rated

Ship Facts: Carnival Sunshine Review (by Cruise Critic!) | Carnival Sunshine Deck Plans
Sunshine is a star !

We just returned from a 12 day Mediterranean cruise on the Carnival Sunshine . We had sailed on the old Destiny before , so I was really curious about all the changes .

First of all , she’s beautiful , but she always was , just a little tired . Service was as good as ever , so was the food . If you have never tried the “Warm Chocolate Melting Cake “ you really haven’t lived ! I had it again the last night before departure , it’s addictive !

I had read that there were cabins added and couldn’t quite imagine where they were put , it became obvious when we went to the theatre , which is now the Liquid Lounge and much smaller . We kinda missed the lavish shows a little , but I guess there’s more money in more passengers .

Anyway , the staff worked their behinds off to make everyone happy , and overall I have no complaints . The one thing I had a problem with is the air conditioning . When we set foot in our cabin for the first time it was like a walk-in freezer . I quickly discovered that all you can do is regulate air flow , not temperature . Thankfully someone must have done something , and it improved on Day 3 .

The itinerary was a dream for people who love sightseeing . 12 days of cruising and only 3 at-sea days . I came away with more video I ever shot in my life , it was worth every penny , and the shore excursions are always expensive . They are well organized though , so I don’t mind spending the money .

Publication Date: 07/24/13
Read the Western Mediterranean ports review by UrsulaE1
More Carnival Sunshine Cruise Reviews

Read the previous Carnival Sunshine review Read the next Carnival Sunshine review

More Western Mediterranean Cruise Reviews