Norwegian Gem Cruise Review by dctaxman1: NCL GEM IN THE ROUGH

Compare Prices on Norwegian Gem Bahamas Cruises

NCL GEM IN THE ROUGH

Sail Date: July 2013
Destination: Bahamas
Embarkation: New York (Manhattan)

First of all let me start by saying that I have cruised before but only on Royal Caribbean. Needless to say that if I ever cruise again that is who I will be booking my next cruise with.

I should have know the minute we walked into our stateroom that we were going to have a questionable time. Don't get me wrong we made lemonade out of the lemons we were given and had a nice vacation but no thanks to NCL. The ship itself is a nice small ship. THE SERVICE SUCKS AND THEY NICKLE AND DIME YOU.

I traveled with a group of 11. In my stateroom there was my two teenagers and myself. My daughter who is 17 wanted to know where the third bed was since she was the one who was going to sleep on it. Figured it was in the couch as a pull out bed and pulled the bottom cushion off only to find an old pair of shorts that were left there by a previous cruiser. When I brought this to the attention of the stateroom attendant he brushed it off and went about his business. The last three More days of our cruise he never cleaned it, never turned it down and ignored it. I will be writing a letter to NCL this coming week.

The Grand Pacific buffet had many flaws. Too many to list but here are a few:

* Every morning at least one coffee maker was broken if not more.

* A couple of mornings there were no utensils to use at the table you had to ask.

* There was only one cook making eggs for one passenger at a time

* No variety at all

A couple of other items to list are as follows:

* The $12.00 per person per day surcharge was not worth it since the workers knew they did not have to earn your tip money.

* I had a bartender roll his eyes at me for asking him to add grenadine to a Shirley temple for one of the kids

* I had another bartender short pour a martini and when I brought it to his attention he want to top the drink off with ice

* My stateroom attendant completely ignored my room the last three days of the cruise

* The cruise entertainment director was terrible and did nothing to help you remember the cruise

* the entertainment was ok at best. The performers tried their hardest and it showed but the props they were using and the condition of the stage was sub par

I will never cruise with them again. I felt like they nickel and dimed me the whole vacation. If you are traveling with teens then you should look someplace else. By the second day my kids wanted off and go on Royal Caribbean.

Respectfully submitted,

Disappointed in the GEM Less

Read more Norwegian Gem cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Norwegian Gem Review >>

Cabin review: Norwegian Gem Oceanview Stateroom with Balcony Deck Eight

Since we had an AFT Balcony cabin with three people in it, it was very difficult to get to if the third bed was out. I like to use the balcony in the morning and was unable to get to it because of the layout of the room. They have this table and chair setup that takes up way to much needed room. I was very unhappy with this. I paid for a balcony that I was unable to get to since the stateroom attendant never closed the third bed and I could not get to the balcony unless I climbed over two other beds.

Went to COCOA Beach with my son when my daughter went on her own to see some old friends. The beach was great as I knew it would be.