Thomson Dream Cruise Review by Ginjoli: A Dream of a Holiday once again

A Dream of a Holiday once again

Sail Date: June 2013
Destination: Europe - Western Mediterranean
Embarkation: Other

My excitement and anticipation of our second cruise on Thomson Dream had been marred by continued reports of ongoing problems with Norovirus onboard. As we had persuaded three friends to join us this year (Mediterranean Medley) June 29 - July 6, I felt particularly responsible for their well-being.

Suffice it to say all my concerns were unfounded. - Yes Thomsons still had in place the necessary precautions when we arrived - e.g.

*Crew serving at Self Service in Lido and Sirens

*Jacussis closed, but both pools open

*No Bar Menus available

*Usual hand gels everywhere onboard

*Captain refrained from shaking hands on Formal Night

BUT....all restrictions lifted on Tues July 2nd July, and absolutely no cases of Norovirus onboard.

We had the most wonderful week ever - Thomson Dream even exceeded our 1st experience, and our friends totally agreed.

From the food in Lido, Sirens and Orion (oh how we miss the More wonderful Ferdinand and his camerarderie- we love that man - what a role model for all crew members)

to the excellent and professional shows in Broadway, and the friendliness of

ALL the crew, the fantastic cabins (Deck 9 - Promenade), the wonderful ports and oh just everything about this fantastic ship!!!!! - I could go on and on.

We met up with our friends today to swap holiday photos and reminisce, and we cant wait for our next adventure on Thomson Dream.

Thank you Thomsons for a wonderful holiday. - the only disappointment for us I have to say was the poor service our friends received for pre-booked special assistance at both Palma and Bournemouth Airports. At Palma, 2 of the party were escorted directly to the departure gate two and three quarters of an hour before take-off, with no access to toilets, refreshments or duty free.

I understand they have E-mailed Thomsons to raise this issue, but to date have received no acknowledgement.

I would appreciate Fraser Ellacott's comments on this matter, as there appeared to be a total lack of communication between Thomsons Admin and the Airports concerned. Less

Read more Thomson Dream cruise reviews >>